jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Did you pass your first driving test?

1. Chris Achilleos profile image79
    Chris Achilleosposted 4 years ago

Did you pass your first driving test?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Fortunately, yes I did. I made 100 on the written and on the driving test. I was literally shocked. But, I did study because a few of my friends didn't and failed. Oh, so many years ago.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

No.  The written test was a cinch, but the driving tester  was a sour-faced old man who seemed a little intimidating and apparently thought teenaged girls should not drive. He requested that I make several right turns during the drive.
    Like most new drivers (US) I tended to make my turns just a little wide, (though within the boundary), being  unused to estimating the clearance on the right side. He deducted a point for every right turn, until I had enough deductions to fail. I was crushed.
    Mom took me back to the DMV the next day to retake the test and I passed easily with a different tester.

4. MickS profile image72
    MickSposted 4 years ago

5. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 4 years ago

I did pass first go, although the examiner winced and grimaced a few times during my test. I later found out he'd just come back to work, having broken a bone in his neck in a crash the last time he tested someone. He must have been more nervous than me!

6. sarahmoose profile image77
    sarahmooseposted 4 years ago

No, I failed 4 times before passing my 5th attempt. I had the same man on attempt 1 and 3, and he was an ex traffic cop, and an absolute nightmare. He told me to turn down a road where all the cars were double parked, and there was just enough room to pass through. He then failed me for passing too close to a parked car... I was fuming!!!

7. Paul Kuehn profile image94
    Paul Kuehnposted 4 years ago

Yes, I did!  Although I could drive a car when I was 12, my father didn't let me get a license until I was 18.  Many kids were getting a license when they were 16, but I went through a semester of drivers' education in high school with 6-8 hours behind the wheel on public roads.  After passing the written test, I had to drive my dad's shift car with an examiner sitting next to me on the streets in the small village where I tested.  I passed with flying colors.

8. Chris Achilleos profile image79
    Chris Achilleosposted 4 years ago

I would like to thank you all for answering my question. I had this conversation with some friends and wanted to ask the HP community as well smile
    I only got my license in September because I was abroad studying in the UK and I never needed a car there as I would mostly walk every where.

9. Thief12 profile image92
    Thief12posted 4 years ago

Yeah. Written test was on the brink (70), and the driving test was close too (70-something). Been driving for 16 years now.