- Business and Employment»
- Employment & Jobs»
- Job Searches
Jobs In Canada Increase During Economic Recovery
Jobs Increase Across Canada 2010 - 2015
The entire world was affected in one way or another by the Great Recession that began in 2008, but as America began to experience economic recovery and growth, so did Canada.
Other good websites on which to find top jobs in Canada include Workopolis.com, ca.Indeed.com, and SimplyHired.ca. Using these three best job search engines for the country,. you can find nearly every Canadian job listed coast to coast, if they are advertised on the Internet.
Location of Jobs
In the United States, the most jobs are nearly always advertised in the New York City metro area. For Canada, the most jobs are found in Ontario Province, many in and around Toronto and the Golden Horseshoe.
Comparison - Jobs Jump In Canada and USA
The American Jobs Act of 2011 was introduced to the people of the USA at the end of summer in September 2011.
Unemployment had been 9.1% nationwide for both July and August. In mid-September, the Internet recorded only somewhat over three million jobs listings - very low for America.
The AJA stated that five million people were looking for work, but the Bureau of Labor Statistics listed 154 million Americans workers, with 9.1% of those out of work. That's more than five million. Interestingly, by September 20, 2011, over 5,100,000 American jobs listings were available across the Internet, a jump of +2,000,000 jobs in just a few days. This is curious. Additionally, 5.1 Million is still not enough jobs for our unemployed.
By 2014 - 2015, America averaged daily job listings found across the Internet between 8.5 to 9.0 million or more. The USA increased numbers of jobs to a greater extent that did Canada, but Canada also increased.
Compared to the USA, Canada experienced a lower Unemployment Rate of 7.3% in August 2011, up from 7.2% in July.
The Job Mix of available, open jobs in Canada was different from that in the United States in the latter half of September 2011.
The Number One job listed most frequently in Canada was:
- Full Time Bench Jeweler, with over 8,600 listings across the nation to the north. These were jobs often times located in a Sears Goldsmith Studio in Canadian Sears stores, where jewelry and watches are made and repaired. G & P Goldsmith is another advertiser of jobs.
Additional Top Jobs in Canada included over 250,000+ jobs in the following titles:
- "World Class Opportunities" in various engineering, technology and technician jobs with Esso Oil, Imperial Oil, Conoco Phillips oil company, Saudi Aramco, and others. Oil & Gas related jobs total over 9,700 openings.
- Administrative Assistants
- Project Managers
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Customer Service Representatives - Many needed as bilingual English-French
- Sales Representatives
- Store Managers
- Executive Assistants
- Business Analysts
- Account Managers
- Electrical Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Financial Advisors
- Personal Bankers, Part-Time
We can easily see that America's usually most frequently listed job of Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist is not so highly in demand in Canada. Oil jobs are big in Canada and oil at this time was piped to Alaska and the North Dakota Native Reservation for refining.
At the end of Summer 2015, the largest numbers of jobs in Canada involved temporary and temp-to-hire positions through Randstad, Alpha North, and Loblaw; retail salespeople and sales representatives for PetSmart, Shoppers DrugMart, WalMart, Home Depot, and other retailers; engineering jobs; IT related employment; and Starbucks positions.
Most-Advertised Jobs in the United States, Same Period
Highest Demand American Jobs out of over 5.1 Million:
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Family Practice Physicians
- Internal Medicine Physicians
- Clinical Psychologists (about 14,000 listings) - Quote: Air Force Clinical Psychologists work in state-of-the-art medical facilities around the world. You'll also use the latest techniques to diagnose and treat the full spectrum of psychological conditions. In addition to amazing medical career advancing opportunities, you'll have the opportunity to work in a team environment with some of the most highly trained professionals in medicine.
- Critical Care Nurses
- OB/GYN Nurses
- Public Health Officers (PHO) for the USAF and Health and Human Services - US Air Force Biomedical Sciences Corps (approximately 15,000 needed). Quote: PHOs in the Air Force prevent disease,disability and premature death by conducting epidemiologic surveillance and response, analyzing communicable environmental/occupational diseases, overseeing food safety programs and establishing prevention and control strategies. You'll have the option to travel and do your job in places like Alaska, Hawaii, Japan, Korea, Germany and England... Must have obtained a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Master of Science in Epidemiology or Master of Public Health (MPH) from an accredited institution. Must be a US Citizen between the ages of 18 to 42.
- ER/OR Nurses
- Event Specialists
- Crew - Fast food, drug stores, production, manufacturing, other retail outlets.
- Registered Nurses (RNs)
- Speech Language Pathologistsand Speech Therapists
- Shift Supervisors - Variety of industries
- Satellite TV Technicians
- Customer Service Reps - Some bilingual, various languages
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Assistant Managers
- Photo Lab Supervisors
- Beauty Advisors
- Truck Driver Jobs - Company and Owner Operators; Number One fast growing job in USA by 2014 - 2015.
- Project Managers
- Baristas -- Full- and Part-Time
For additional increases 2011 - 2016, see American Economic Recovery.
Related Information About Work in USA and Canada
- How to Find Jobs and Work in Medical Billing and Coding in US and Canada
Medical billing , medical coding , and medical billing and coding jobs are in fairly high demand in the USA during 2010. This phenomenon is in part becuase of the aging of the population overall and its related need for healthcare in quanities...
- How to Find a Sponsor for Working in America
Every year, the USA and Canada each publishes a list of birth countries from which people are not permitted to immigrate to America or Canada. This is a matter of numbers and and attempt to balance the American population with more or less equal...
- Immigration and Relocation: How to Establish Residency In A Major US City