Life And Work Boise Idaho
Largest City in the State
Boise, Idaho in the American West near Washington and Oregon is one of the Top 10 Best Medium Sized Cities for Jobs and Business in the US, according to several economists, workforce specialists, and related economic magazines.
Located in Ada County, Boise is the county seat and the capital of the state.
The name of the city itself comes from the French word boise′, meaning timber or wood and the city sits among forested lands. Thus, lumber has been a successful industry in the past several hundred years.
With a widely diverse cultural and ethnic population, Boise is home to over 15,000 Basque individuals.
These people make an interesting group, because of their unique ethic background and the speculation that the Basque, originally located in Spain and now in France as well, are genetically different from all other people to such an extent they may be a separate species of human beings. Whether true or false, this speculation lends them an air of mystery and interest. Their Basque cuisine is also very interesting, with several recipes offered at the embedded link.
In addition to the Basque, Boise is home to the Shoshone-Bannock Native American groups, Germans, Jews, Blacks, Italians, Greeks, Mexicans, a large population of retirees and other diverse people.
Boise ID is a good source for green collar and sustainability jobs in its initiative to recycle, reuse, replace, and protect resources for the local community and the state at large.
Sustainable Boise is a program with a myriad of alternative and sustainable options, including alternative energy and transportation, green building, water preservation, parks and open spaces, and several others. Boise is a green city in many ways, and the jobs available are growing and expanding to include green and sustainable practices.
Boise city bosses offers employees in many businesses incentives that I have seen no place else:
Boise City employees can participate in the BEAT (Boise Employee Alternative Transportation) and receive:
- Free bus passes
- Free parking for car-poolers
- Pre-tax payroll deduction - up to $100/month
- Up to $40 per year for walking shoes
- Free bike locks for cycling employees
Top 10 Boise Area Employers
- Micron Technology Inc
- US Air Force (besides Mountain Home)
- Mountain Home Air Force Base
- Boise State University
- St Luke's Regional Medical Center
- State Military Department
- St Alphonsus Regional Medical
- St Alphonsus Regional Medical (II)
- Idaho Department of Transportation
- Boise Payroll Department
Additional top employers listing the most jobs:
- Ameriplan - Health Insurance
- HP - Hewlitt Packard
- Telereach Corporate
- BD Select
- Home Depot
Top 10 High Demand Jobs
- Information Technology: Computer Software Engineers, Applications & Software; CIS Mgrs, Computer Systems Analysts
- Registered Nurses [RNs] & Physical Therapists
- General and Ops Managers
- Civil Engineers
- CEOs, etc.: Chief Executives, all departments
- Education: Postsecondary Teachers; Mainstream Secondary School Teachers Except Vocational
- Accountants & Auditors
- Sales Managers
Additional High Demand Jobs in Greater Boise City
- Financial Managers
- Mainstream Elementary School Teachers
- Marketing Managers
- Dental Hygienists
- Medical & Health Services Managers
- Building Architects
- HVAC: Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Technical Writers
- Sales Reps, Wholesale and Mfg, Technical & Scientific Products
Shoneshone-Bannock Tribes Museum and Indian Festival
Sports Teams In Boise
- Boise Hawks - Minor League Baseball
- Boise Burn - Arena Football
- Idaho Steelheads - Hockey
- Idaho Stampede Basketball - NBA Development Team
The Famous Potato
International Year of the Potato
Twelve chefs donated recipes and for every mouse click on the Recipe of the Month, they earned 10¢ donated to UNICEF, up to grand total of $50,000 to help children globally. They did this in partnership with the Idaho Potato Commission.
IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION
- 661 South Rivershore Lane • Eagle, ID 83616 • PH 208-334-2350
- For information: firstname.lastname@example.org
See the winning video entries of Idaho potatoes and their appearances in recipes made by potato lovers at iTuber Take II.
A total of 25 videos were submitted (a sampling of shorts ones appears below) and the Grand Prize was $3,000 -- Look for "Punchline"; it's about 10 minutes long.
Celebrate Idaho Potatoes With a Sample of Potato Recipes
- Recipe For Bacon and Sweet Potato Dog Treats
It is easy and healthy for your pet for you to make your own treats at home from simple ingredients. These recipes may tempt you to eat the treats yourself.
- Soup Recipe - One Potato, Two Potato...
Pearldiver asked about potato soup, what kind of potatoes ar to be used and whether the skins or jackets should be peeled or left in tact. Here are some recipes that combine different potatoes and ways of cooking them in soups.
- Weird and Wacky Candy Recipes
Some tasty candy can be made from vegetables and even bacon. You may want to try some of these recipes.
Great Ceasar's Potato!
© 2008 Patty Inglish MS