- Business and Employment
Build An Online Store
Starting An Online Store
Starting an online store is both fun and will make you a lot of money if done correctly. There are many items customers would like to buy from their homes rather than drive to the shopping center and fight the crowds of rude people. Customers would rather buy online because they can usually get a better price than at the shopping centers. Online shopping is very competitive and customers can buy just about anything online. A great deal of the success of an online store is the convenience of them. Customers can shop from their home 24/7 and compare prices right from their fingertips to get the best bargain.
3 Qualities You Must Have To Start An Online Store
1. Decide what niche you are most interested in. Whether it be fishing rods or plasma tv's. Pick one and stick with it. Decide your price point and what the customer base will be. Research buying habits and direct your attention in this area. Find suppliers for whatever niche you decided on. Drop shippers are the best I think, because it cost you no up front money. You do not have to have inventory on hand. Advertise the item on your online store, when you make the sale, order the item and ship it to your customer via a drop shipper
Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer.
2. Decide If the line of products you've decided to sale are viable. If you come to the conclusion they are not, Move on to another idea or niche until you are sure the items are wanted or needed by your targeted market. We have to make sales to stay in business. Also consider the profitability of your product.
viable is having a reasonable chance of succeeding.
3. Always research your competition. Visit a website that sales similar products. Examine the way the website looks. Take notice of the layout and the colors used. Also find out what forms of payment are accepted and what prices are like. You want to be competitive, so do your homework.
Unique Selling Point
4. It is very important to stick out from the competition, and this is where unique selling point comes into play. Unique selling point is anything that separates you from the competition whether it be that you claim to have the (FASTEST SHIPPING IN THE UNITED STATES),( FREE SHIPPING), (YOUR ONE STOP SHOP), or (A FREE GIFT WITH EVERY ORDER) . Those were just examples of course, it will be up to you to find your unique selling point.
Name Your Online Store
5. Naming your online store is very important. It needs to be something that is relevant to the product you are going to be selling. Make your store name catchy and something customers will remember. After you have named your online store it is important to register the domain. The domain name should be similar to the store name. If a similar domain name can't be bought, then go back to drawing board and pick another store name.
6. Open a business checking account at your local bank. Keep your personal bank account separate from the business one.
Choose your website platform
8. Now that we know what we are going to sale, and who we are going to sale it to, we need to find out how much of it we are going to sale. The more items in the same niche will attract more customers. So I suggest starting out with at least 50 products in the same niche. This will almost guarantee to attract customers looking for specific items.
Set It Up
- Yokaboo: Create Your Own Free Online Store in Minutes
Create your own unique store and start selling in 5 easy steps. Yokaboo provides easy-to-use management tools and allows you to to decide how your store will look. It's created for creative people by creative people. And it's free!
- FreeWebstore Sign-Up - Setup an Online Shop
FreeWebstore.org Sign-Up. Setup your own online shop in two simple steps - it literally only takes a minute. Just pick a design, enter a few details, and away you go!
- eCRATER - online marketplace, get a free online store
Buy and sell on eCRATER, a free online marketplace and store builder
Promote Your Online Store
10. Promote your online store like you would anything else. Put ads on Craigslist, post in forums, get indexed in Google, put an ad in the paper. Social media, Twitter, and Pinterest are all good outlets to advertise your online store. And don't forget Digg and Delicious. Do some research and find out what works best to get traffic and generate sales. Good Luck !
More Money Making Ideas
- How To Start A Pet Sitting Business And Make A Good Second Income
- How To Sale Your Plasma To Donor Centers, Help Trauma Victims, Make Some Extra Money, And Feel Good
Donating plasma is a wonderful thing to do for the community, and it can make you a little extra cash. This article explains what plasma is, how to donate it, and how it helps others.
- How To Make Huge Money With An Ebay Business
- Make Easy Money With Other People's Junk Metal
- How To Start Your Very Own Lawn Care Business On A Shoestring, And Make Huge Profits, While Keeping
This hub explains the necessary steps involved to start a successful lawn service, where you have the ability to make $200.00 a day.
- How To Make Extra Cash In Your Spare Time Starting A Part Time Business.
Descriptions of home businesses that you can start with little or no money, and make a good profit.
- Tax Free Money Making Ideas
How To Make Tons Of Money On The Weekends Or Your Spare Time, Starting Your Own Part Time Business From Home. These Businesses can be started on a shoestring and can yield high profits.
- How To Scrap Valuable Metals, Like Copper, Aluminum, And Brass From Everyday Items, And Get The Best
How to collect valuable metal like Copper, Aluminum, and Brass from everyday items, and make a great income. Details on how to find scrap metal, how to tear it down, and sale it for a profit.
- How To Make Explosive Income, Start A Cleaning Business
Starting a cleaning business is an easy and lucrative thing to do. You can start this type of business on a shoestring budget. Details on where to start, how to get customers, and what to charge.