Keller Texas Increases Jobs 3500% - Town of Lonesome Dove
Best Places to Live
Keller, Texas is an enjoyable northern suburb of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex in Tarrant County. It is spreading its boundaries and increasing its business base and population phenomenally. If you need to find a new job or to begin a career, Keller may be the right place to go. It is the 7th Best Place to Live in America, according to Money Magazine for 2009. Expect the increases and expansion to continue through 2020.
3500% Increase in Jobs 2013 -2015
Top Hiring Companies
- Texas Health Resources - See link below.
- Baylor Health Care System
- JPMorgan Chase
- Medical Connections
- Six Flags Over Texas
- HCA North Texas
- Methodist Health System
- US Air Force
- Taco Bell
- US National Guard
- Collier, Vinson and Demonbruen
- Pizza Hut - YUM! Brands
- AAFES - Acct & Finance
Top 15 Hot Jobs
- Physical Therapists
- Registered Nurse (RNs)
- General Dentists
- Sales Representatives
- Occupational Therapists
- Taco Bell Shift Leaders
- Taco Bell Assistant Managers
- Dental Assistants
- Administrative Assistants
- Store Managers
- Customer Service Reps
- Office Managers
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Assistant Store Managers
- Financial Advisors
- Treatment Coordinators
Additional Need: Seasonal staff: Six Flags Theme Park, restaurants, hotels, retail stores,others.
Healthcare: All Therapy Jobs in Keller Increased Significantly
Largest Job Posters for Physical Therapy positions in the Keller Area
- Medical Connections Inc
- ReflectX Services
- Jackson Therapy
- Texas Health Resources
- HealthSouth Corporation
- Direct Staffing Inc
- Brookdale Senior Living
- Direct Staffing Inc DSI
- Soliant Health
- BCS Healthcare
- Medical Center of Arlington
- PPR Healthcare
Search for a full range of health and medical jobs directly with Texas Health Resources at TEXAS HEALTH.
Expected High Demand Jobs through 2016
Healthcare jobs are expected to remain in high demand through 2020 (bold type). Educational positions fill 8 out of the top 15 job categories (see italics). All of this speaks to increasing population. The remaining three categories are IT related.
- Personal/Home Care/Home Health Aides
- Special Education Teachers: Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary levels
- Network Systems and Data Communications Analysts
- Mainstream Kindergarten Teachers, Elementary & Middle School Teachers
- Education Instructional Coordinators
- Dental Hygienists and Medical & Dental Assistants
- Pharmacy Technicians
- Computer Software Engineers
- Mainstream Preschool Teachers
- Vocational Education Teachers - post-high school
- Mainstream Secondary School Teachers
- Education Administrators
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Assistants
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Registered Nurses (RNs) and Surgical Technologists
Six Flags Over Texas
This theme park bills itself as the Entertainment and Employment Capital of Texas.
Built during the Kennedy Presidential Administration back in 1961 by a real estate developer, it rivals DisneyLand and DisneyWorld and is the oldest amusement park in the national Six Flags chain.
An annual Best of Texas festival and a Looney Toons park section pack in vistors every year and they love it! A Latino Festival, an acrobatic circus, and dozens of family venues have increased attendance as well. Spring Break Out draws college and high school students for a save spring vacation.
While jobs may not always be listed at their website, they are often posted to SImplyHired.com and Indeed.com, the two most comprehensive job search sites when you use them together. Entertainment acts at Six Flags are especially in demand during the November - early January Holiday Season.
In addition to this theme park, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor water park is located just across the street, This is the largest water park in the northern part of the state, with nearly 50 acres of water. For employment information, see Six Flags Over Texas.
The two school districts in Keller have demonstrated superior graduation rates and colelge placement and have increased in student popuations tremendously. They are expected to continue to do so for some time. Local universities, colleges, and vocational schools include:
- Alladin Beauty Colleges: 1113 W Pipeline Rd, Hurst, TX - (817) 282-1371
- Everett College: 5237 N Riverside Dr, Fort Worth, TX - (817) 838-3000
- Independent Baptist College: 5101 Western Center Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - (817) 514-6364
- Tarrant County College
- Texas Christian University
- Texas Weslyan University
- University of Texas-Arlington - Management training
- Ogle School of Hair, Skin, and Nails: 720 Arcadia St, Hurst, TX - (817) 284-9231
In 1844, a group of Missouri parishioners migrated to Texas. In the winter of 1846, some of these people established the Lonesome Dove Baptist Church in Southlake. It still operates today and is the oldest church in Tarrant County. The name was chosen, some say, to honor the lonesome dove of the Bible, representing innocence and gentleness, especially as opposed to Jim Crow Laws and prejudice.
In 1881, Mr. HW Wood worked as a pharmacist in Tarrant County. He was also a landowner and provided 40 acres to build a community near the railroad tracks slong Double Springs, Texas, close to the current Keller. The town was named Athol. (extracted from Joyce Gibson Roach, Wild Rose: A Folk History of a Crosstimbers Settlement: Keller, Texas). The town was renamed Keller in honor of local railroad foreman John Keller a year later. Because of the railroads’ expansion of transport and the growth of Dallas and Fort Worth, Keller has always been an expanding town.; however, in the late 20th – 21st centuries, town planners purposefully continued this growth.
The novel and film based on the Lonesome Dove church included characterizations of locals Oliver Loving and Charles Goodnight. They became Captains Augustus McCrae and W. F. Call, but in reality, the Goodnight-Loving Trail honors them. Men worked hard on this trial and at least 16 woman worked the trails as well (see Amazon book below, right).
Lonesome Cattle Trails
Lonesome Doves and Busy Trails
- The Lonesoime Dove Church | About Us | Welcome To The Dove!
- The Goodnight-Loving Trail
History of the Goodnight-Loving Trail
Goodnight Loving Trail
Tarrant County Workforce Development & Jobs
The Texas Workforce offices nearest to Keller TX are located 10 - 18 miles to the south in Fort Worth.
7001 Boulevard 26, Suite 501
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
(Comprehensive One-Stop Career Center)
Full Services Texas Workforce Office
1400 Circle Drive
Fort Worth TX 76119-8142
Hundreds of jobs are posted to their job search site at Work In Texas.
- Texas Employment: Over 188,000 Jobs In Flower Mound,...
This is the Number One Place to Live in the Lonestar State and after reading all about it, you may want to move there.
- Top 10 Hot Jobs in Round Rock - Second Fastest Growing City in the US
Round Rock, Texas is home to 104,000 people and drawing additional residents every day. This places it on the 2009 Forbes.com list of Best 25 Places to Move for Work in our nation.
- Top 15 Hot Jobs In North Dallas Suburbs
A round trip through the upscale Dallas suburbs north of the large city, including Frisco, McKinney, and Allen, covers only 29 miles.