jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you alleviate stress in your work environment?

1. AEvans profile image79
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

How do you alleviate stress in your work environment?

2. profile image59
    foreignpressposted 8 years ago

There are many different types of stress and you should clarify what stress is bothering you the most. For example, there is stress getting tasks done and completed on time. There is stress related to obnoxious co-workers. There's stress concerning managers who have unrealistic expectations. Simply put, I just put my head down and do my job and not let job-related drama ruin my day. At least I used to. I'm now self-employed.

3. Aidan James profile image60
    Aidan Jamesposted 8 years ago

Laugh! Tell a joke, recall a funny moment, if that kind of banter is frowned upon you probably should look for another job!

4. LeanMan profile image87
    LeanManposted 8 years ago

Don't work with your wife or husband or girlfriend/boyfriend!
    Don't date the boss or the bosses partner!

5. alahiker28 profile image88
    alahiker28posted 7 years ago

1.  Don't get involved in petty gossip.  Stay neutral or stay out of it.  Make this your personal policy and stick to it.  That doesn't mean you can't be cordial, it just means you can't get involved in petty jealousies, nosiness, etc.
    2.  Stand up for yourself.  Otherwise, you will keep getting stepped on and you will not be able to put an issue to rest.  This includes anything from being mistreated to an unreasonable workload.  It also includes a light workload and the desire to do more. 
    3.  Learn how to prioritize.  Staying organized helps you do this.  Learning how to manage your workload with Microsoft Outlook or other tools keeps you from the feeling of having lost control, a major stressor in the workplace.

working