jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

is supervisory level have the same function and benefits with managers?

1. profile image47
    jinkymoutouposted 7 years ago

is supervisory level have the same function and benefits with managers?

what are the benefits of supervisory level compare to managerial position

2. veronicasinnaeve profile image77
    veronicasinnaeveposted 7 years ago

I am a supervisor at a coffee shop and I make a dollar over minimum wage. The assistant manager makes a dollar more than I do, per hour. The manager makes a salary.

Both the assistant manager and manager get free food and drinks. Supervisors pay half price. Every employee is entitled to a health and dental benefits plan after one year of work.

Managers have access to the office, paycheque information, employee files, and such, while supervisors do not.

Managers create the schedules and do the hiring. I work with the employees on the afternoon shift and report back to the managers (who work the day shift) about any difficulties.

3. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Supervisors normally make up the front line of management. Supervisors could in some organizations still be paid on an hourly basis.  In other companies, it is a salaried position. Supervisors are close to the action and working directly with those people who are carrying out the actions.  For example, in a production manufacturing environment, a supervisor may be responsible for supervising those hourly individuals who are operating specific types of machinery on a production line.  He is charged with keeping the line operating efficiently and attaining the production targets set for the line.  In that process, he also deals with motivating his assigned employees, responding to their on the job needs, and helping them deal with job-related issues.  The supervisor will report directly to the next layer of the management structure which might a department manager or a multi-department manager who is assigned to manager several supervisors.  Management principles tell us that most people can effectively manage 8-10 people in a given setting so that will be a common number you may run into for front line supervision.  The benefits and pay structure for the supervisor will depend on how the job is structured in the company management organization and how it is affected by the Union agreement in an organized labor environment.  WB

4. jacobkuttyta profile image75
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

Both the posts have almost same function to do.  When a supervisor mature enough, he will be promoted to be a manager based on his qualifications.

working