jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What motivated you to select your current career path?

1. 6hotfingers3 profile image61
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

What motivated you to select your current career path?

2. Chaotic Chica profile image78
    Chaotic Chicaposted 7 years ago

Unemployment. After my fourth child was born, I was reminded just how much I love things that go vroom, loud and fast and started making my way into that world. Fast forward three years and I was laid off due to the 'fantastic' economy and was out of work for a year.  Over the last two years I had been helping out my husband in the shop and had a really good time learning and getting my hands dirty.   Through my husband's work, he found out about a little retail location coming open with cheap rent and we decided that it would be a low risk opportunity and opened up our shop.  To make things easier on legalities and taxes, the business is in my name along with everything attatched.  That is how I came to own my motorcycle parts/accessories/service outfit. It's stressful but it's worth it!!

3. Cheeky Girl profile image74
    Cheeky Girlposted 7 years ago

Money and future job prospects. Stability and contentment. I have a satisfying job that pays great and got me a great apartment and car. That is motivation enough for me, especially in these financial times. I dumped a chance at art studies because I didn't think it would pay as well, or maybe I knew I wasn't good enough.

4. Richard Craig profile image77
    Richard Craigposted 7 years ago

The opportunity to be me!   I'm very creative so design is a no brainer for me.  Plus it pays well.

5. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

When unemployment hit big - there was no longer a need for me in my previous possition, so I took up the only job available to me at the time - which still suited my personality type & still allowed me to feel that I am making a difference & bettering the lives of others.
    Former Preschool Teacher - Current PCA for adults suffering from mental illness.

6. 6hotfingers3 profile image61
    6hotfingers3posted 7 years ago

Thank you for your responses. I am looking to start a new career. Your responses helped a lot.
    Take Care!

Closed to reply

working