jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you believe is the best form of marketing online today?

1. pfenby profile image60
    pfenbyposted 7 years ago

What do you believe is the best form of marketing online today?

With so many different opinions about this topic, I am interested to discover what others believe is the best way of marketing products or themselves online.

2. FindYourSearch profile image56
    FindYourSearchposted 7 years ago

Well, I'll admit to being a bit biased, but I would say search engine optimization (SEO) is one excellent form of marketing today. When people find you through search engines, they're already actively looking for something your business offers. You can't ask for a better lead than that! You can do a lot of the basics yourself, and it's well worth your time.

Getting involved in social media is another tool a business can use, but you have to be careful not to simply blast your products. To make social media really work, you have to give your customers reason to like you and stay with you. It's quite an investment of time and effort and only pays off in the long-term.

Finally, of course there's always Pay Per Click advertising like the kind you see at the top of Google and here on HubPages, but this can get expensive fast if it's successful as each click costs you money. It's important to make sure each click also leads to a sale to make up for that, so conversion optimization is needed alongside it.

Hope that helps!

3. Brupie profile image73
    Brupieposted 7 years ago

Tips and tricks may get initial attention, but most marketers measure the success of a campaign on repeat business.  I think you need fresh, quality content to get people coming back to a site.

4. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 7 years ago

I think the best online marketing method overall is email marketing.

When done right, you get willing subscribers who eventually become repeat customers.

Your email marketing strategy and purpose will determine how often you should promote to your subscribers. Some niche markets, like shoes, are pretty straight forward. Are they on sale or not? What discount do you get this season?

Regardless of your niche market, the aim is to give value to the subscriber.

working