This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you supposed to put keywords into your hubs?

1. sarclair profile image80
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

Are you supposed to put keywords into your hubs?

I am kind of new to all of this. I have read every where about keywords. Am I supposed to put those keywords into my hubs? How does this work?

2. 1youcantoo profile image60
    1youcantooposted 7 years ago

That is a tricky question i would say yes put keywords into your hub pages but focus on one main keyword,

3. sarclair profile image80
    sarclairposted 7 years ago

Thanks... So, if I made a hub about flowers, I would put the word "flowers" into my hub alot. I think I get it.

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

Yes you should put keywords into your hubs as this is what allows search engines to rank your hubs and then direct people searching for that kind of information in your hubs direction. It would be wrong to rely on one keyword though, I would recommend using a tool like Google Adwords (free for non advertisers) to research the best and highest paying words to use in order to attract good, high paying traffic to your hub.

For example, if I was hubbing on a topic such as growing vegetables (which I have done), I wouldn't simply use the word 'vegetable' as much as possible, as this is too broad as a subject, i.e. it could be cooking, growing etc. I would use keywords such as 'growing', 'vegetables', 'compost', 'soil', 'fertiliser', 'organic' etc etc.

If you want to find out more about how the Google Adwords tool can be really useful, my hub on the subject is quite easy to follow and can be found here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Google-Adwords- … ses-Profit

working