jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Do you give all your salary to your housewife?

1. Hezekiah profile image88
    Hezekiahposted 7 years ago

Do you give all your salary to your housewife?

In Japan most people give all of their salary to their wifes to handle (including me).

2. dsrbms profile image57
    dsrbmsposted 7 years ago

Good question smile I don't give salary to my wife, she earns her money and feeds familly, I pay earn my money and pay bills...

3. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image57
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 7 years ago

haha, no, not unless i planned on eating dvd's and games till the next pay day, my missus isn't exactly trust worthy with money

Hezekiahposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's very unfortunatel.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

My husband turns all of his money over to me and I handle the money, bills, investing.  He wants nothing to do with it, just isn't interested.  If he wants something, he lets me know and I save up for it, or give him the go ahead on purchasing it.  Aside from our family savings and checking, we also have our own bank accounts and I transfer money into them when I can so we have our own spending money.

We are both respectful of what the other one wants and we both try very hard to make it happen.  If I want something that is expensive and haven't gotten all the money saved up, he will offer to give me his spending money--and vise versa. It works out for us.

sounds like how it is in Japan.

5. vashal profile image65
    vashalposted 7 years ago

My mom is much better with finances than my dad, so she takes care of the money there. They both work, but she handles all the bills and savings and such. I'm not married yet, but I'm great with finances so I imagine I'll continue to take care of it when the time comes. Most people I know are the same way -- whoever is better with finances in the relationship takes care of it.

Sounds like a good idea.

working