What type of hub topics make money?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)
  1. theoctopusjar profile image60
    theoctopusjarposted 13 years ago

What type of hub topics make money?

Are there particular hub topics you must write in order to make money on hubpages, or does that not matter?

2. siemenscx profile image60
    siemenscxposted 13 years ago

Hey, yes if you want to put your hubpage public and make from it money, you have to make good quality name of it, that the search engines could find it at first places, and good content in it.

3. Paul Berod profile image48
    Paul Berodposted 13 years ago

That is a question that I also like to know the answer. I have read many "experts" who say  that's easy. They say we must find the key words and just wait it rains money. But in practice, I also still can not make money on Hubpages.

4. dtchosen profile image60
    dtchosenposted 13 years ago

Making money on Hupages is still based on Adsense and as such it is common knowledge that of all those who are doing it, only 10% are successful. In my case, I am using hubpages as part of my portfolio and set long term goals as far as Adsense is concerned.

5. joshhunt83 profile image60
    joshhunt83posted 13 years ago

Having searched through hundreds of hubs and after reading the success stories the hubs that seem to make the most money are how-to-guides. Hope that helps.

6. MakeEasyCash profile image64
    MakeEasyCashposted 13 years ago

Perseverance, hard work, research SEO and high quality content. Don't write about what everyone else writes about... unless you can do it MUCH better than they can.

7. Ken Barton profile image61
    Ken Bartonposted 13 years ago

Honestly, the variables are nearly endless, key words, links, back links, all these can help; but, when it comes down to it, my advice is to write what you love, what you have a passion for, and let that passion show through in your writing.  Let your passion be your driving force for developing your writing and in time the money will start to come in.  Hub Pages is not a get rich quick opportunity.  Those who have been making great money are those who have been at it for several years, have hundreds of Hubs, and most importantly - Stayed the Course.

"Winners never Quit, and Quitters can never win!"

8. The Ski profile image73
    The Skiposted 13 years ago

I Find getting a reader intrigued by your hub helps alot. Create follow on scenarios so they will want to move onto your next hub...and the next....and the next. I have only recently started making money with hubpages, but still have a long way to go. Check out my story, The return of Planet X- The communicator, with installments that tend to keep bringing people back.
    Good luck

9. iyazam profile image62
    iyazamposted 13 years ago

What ever your writing about make sure that its really unique and fresh information - people respond to extreme value. The traffic comes from people giving your content a re-tweet or a Facebook like.

10. Judy_Shilmar profile image60
    Judy_Shilmarposted 13 years ago

write a review of products or any topic will do...

11. theoctopusjar profile image60
    theoctopusjarposted 13 years ago

Thank you guys so much, all of you. smile
    I'm not that interested in making a LOT of money. I'd be happy with five bucks. It's the principle of that matter that interests me. I was just curious as to what the heck you have to write about to get said five bucks. Haha.

I'm happy I got so many helpful answers!

12. naumaan profile image58
    naumaanposted 13 years ago

I agree with other hubbers that there is no such specific topic(s) but write only in which you have full command and authority as well as see current demand. You can find these through Google Adwords and Analytics.
    But, in short, there is no short cut of earning high revenue through online. Perseverance and hard work besides proper planning for high viewership is the key of success.

13. Ddraigcoch profile image73
    Ddraigcochposted 13 years ago

There is no specific hub topic that attracts more revenue. How to's definitely get more interest. But that does not mean any one will click an ad. You just have to keep plugging away as best you can.

14. brakel2 profile image72
    brakel2posted 13 years ago

My hubs with the most traffic are home improvement and technology. I only have fourteen hubs, so I have not made much money yet. I know of one hubber who makes good money on product hubs. The least popular are hubs on the elderly based on my own experience of writing one, -a shame as we need to care about the elderly.I don't really care about money for that hub. We just need to keep writing about what we know or what kind of research interests us.

15. leonardobapex profile image61
    leonardobapexposted 13 years ago

You must think of a business-related topic such as those that readers wants to buy in the market. Remember that Internet is big part of business industry.  So your hub must contain lots of business keywords, ideas and suggestions.
    Also a hub that has health-related topic is interesting and you pull a lot of readers and your traffic will grow. If you have good knowledge about practical advice about home-doctoring or natural home remedy for treating common ailments, that are some of  pretty a good money-maker topics.

16. Jarn profile image61
    Jarnposted 13 years ago

How-to guides. Doesn't matter if you know what you're doing or not. Any article promising "How to get your short story published" "How to make your resume look professional" or anything promising to help people gain in some way will draw readers like flies to feces. Of course the rub is that it's a confidence game same as the Nigerian prince offering you money. In the back of every prospective reader's mind, they know full well that if you had all the answers you wouldn't be wasting your time here, but the fact is those readers actively want to believe that this time it will be different. So they ignore their better judgment, look through the article, find nothing a sensible person wouldn't already know, and then kick themselves because they knew better. But guess what? It doesn't matter, they've already read your article. And they'll have the same brain fart the next time they come across one of your articles and do it again. That's how you make money writing content online.

Cripes, humans are gullible, aren't we?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)