jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What was the highest paying job you've ever had?

1. BenWritings profile image80
    BenWritingsposted 6 years ago

What was the highest paying job you've ever had?

What did you do and about how much did you make?

Not current jobs.

2. tritrain profile image84
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

The one in which I currently work.  Technical support.

3. keyenhancer profile image81
    keyenhancerposted 6 years ago

Depends on how you look at it. I worked for Gateway, and was paid $14/hr and worked 50hrs a week in 4 days. I did technical work. I later worked for a company called Youngquist Brothers Incorporated, doing deep injection wells. I was paid $14/hr and worked anywhere from 60 to 80 hours a week in 5 days, with 3 days off. First 5 days was 7am to 7pm, after three days off we switched to 7pm to 7am. But the work was not guaranteed to be 60-80 hrs a week. Sometimes we'd go a week without work, or only be allowed to work 20-40hrs a week depending on what needed to be done.

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Not current job? I was a pet's associate at Wal-Mart for $9.25 an hour. My current job is my highest-paying job, and there are plenty of times I've doubled up my Wal-Mart wages in a month even after I've paid my team members.

5. LeisureLife profile image74
    LeisureLifeposted 6 years ago

about $303,406.58. Per hour.                                   .

6. maria.rose profile image38
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

Advances in technology and rise in development,  in my point of view  these are highest paying job  now a day's..........

7. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

Many years ago I worked as an Aeradio Operator with the now defunct Australian Department of Civil Aviation.   The basic pay was pretty mediocre, but the take home pay was incrediblily good.  This is because they paid penalty rates for out of normal hours work, double time on Sundays, Triple time on Public Holidays, and there was always heaps of overtime.

Whilst doing this work in Papua-New Guinea, where income tax as only 10%, a man could live like a king.   Yep, this would have been my best paid job.

The downside:  an awful lot of hours of work, and little time to spend with the family.

8. marketingskeptic profile image70
    marketingskepticposted 6 years ago

Well, I worked in a oncology & stem cell research lab during my sophomore year for a measly $10.00/hr as a lab tech/assistant.

9. Kylo88 profile image59
    Kylo88posted 6 years ago

working at a haunted house. $10 and hour (i know that's not much be we worked from 5 till 1am. plus that was my first job too) basically what i did was cover myself with blood and hang from the loft in the barn by my ancles, all for the sake of making grown men scream like little girls when the upside down girl they thought was fake was sudnly screaming at them. MWAHAHA!! great job! loved it ^^

10. JMHeller profile image68
    JMHellerposted 6 years ago

Forex Broker, I made figures in a day. I opened and managed client forex accounts. It was not easy getting to that point. I worked a ton of hours and had to open some pretty significant accounts. That could change, I hope it does. I own enough equity in the business I currently work for to make 7 figures in a day. If we can reach an IPO, it might be VP of Investor Relations.

11. KTBug00 profile image57
    KTBug00posted 6 years ago

I worked for a place Called FTD and I answered phones took orders and did customer service over the phone it paid 9.00 an hour and through out the whole job i think i made like seven hundred dollars it was a seasonal position.

12. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Retail store management.  I " officially "  retired before I was 40.   8 figures..........sent 3 girls to college, own property in 3 states, 7 vehicles all paid for, free and clear.

Today, I manage a kitchen, because it is my calling to feed others.

I would rather sleep on the couch than on my king sized bed.........not bad for a poor farm girl.

13. profile image0
    Contriceposted 6 years ago

Teaching, and that's sad because teachers don't make any money. smile

working