jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the easiest way to know you're using strong keywords in your Hub and shou

1. ThunderKeys profile image67
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

What's the easiest way to know you're using strong keywords in your Hub and should these be bolded?

I write strong clinical content but I'm literally an SEO dunce. How would you explain SEO to a 4 year old ( i.e. top 5 specific steps to follow in simple easy to follow language)?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4796562_f260.jpg

2. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 7 years ago

Use Google Adwords keyword tool.  Read more hubs about this issue.  It takes a while to get your head around it but there is good info out there.

3. Susana S profile image96
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't bold keywords, it's uneccessary IMO. Ok I will try and teach you SEO in 5 steps smile

1. Your page title needs to reflect both what your page is about and what people are searching for in the search engines. Try and think like a searcher ie: if I was searching for this information what would I type into the search box?

2. Once you have a few ideas (and before you have written your page) go to google's keyword tool and find out how many people are actually searching for the phrases you thought of - use exact match rather than broad. You may well find that other highly related phrases are more popular (get more searches per month) if so add these to your list of possibilities. I usually go for phrases that get somewhere between 3,000 and 70,000 per month, but what I ultimately choose will come down to how much competition there is for a particular phrase.

3. You need to find out how many other pages there are trying to rank for the potential phrases you've chosen - the fewer the better. It's a bit lengthy to explain how to assess competing pages here so I'm directing you to the hubpages videos - watch them all. http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/hubcamp-sf-2/

4. Once you've chosen the phrase that gets the most number of searches per month and has the least competition start writing your page but, you need to make sure the phrase is placed in the right parts of your page. Most important are url, title, summary, first paragraph, tag. I explain onpage optimization more in this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/increase-page-r … h-pagerank

5. Get a few links to your page from subject related blogs and websites.

Hope that helps!

6. Sit back and wait...it can take 3 months or more for your page to get a high search result.

4. ThunderKeys profile image67
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

Wow, that was great info Susan S!

Can urls on Hub's be changed to optimize them? I created 14 of my Hubs without understanding the SEO potential they represent.

5. dannycarrey profile image62
    dannycarreyposted 7 years ago

No possibillity to change URL's after. What I'm doing is making simply a new hub and copy everything

working