What is it that scares you most about selling?

1. David R Bradley profile image84
    David R Bradleyposted 7 years ago

What is it that scares you most about selling?

Some people have some very specific fears about getting into sales.  What were yours?  What are yours now?  What has stood in your way before?

2. Bozoplay profile image83
    Bozoplayposted 7 years ago

When I sold I absolutely hated and was scared of cold calling on unknown potential customers. Persistent rejection is a great way to lose interest in selling. My preference was always relationship selling where you developed the business over time together with your customer. It was mutually beneficial and rewarding as well. Selling something you understand and like is most important. I was asked if I could sell pots and pans once in a job interview. I said I guess I could if I had to but would not choose to sell these items. I got the job as a customer service representative (inside sales) for a sporting goods company when they actually trained you to become a sales rep. Eleven months later I was selling to amateur and university teams, certainly a lot more enjoyable than making cold calls on houseware outlets. Sadly these type of companies get eaten up by the monsters.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

One of the things that has always bothered me about sales of any kind, or promotion is any kind is rejection.  I hate being an annoyance to people.  I have never been able to overcome that.

working