jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you think it is easy to change your career?

1. dazzlede profile image61
    dazzledeposted 6 years ago

Do you think it is easy to change your career?

Would you want to give up a career that has given you a good steady income for years for better money or a different place? Would you be ready to start something from scratch when your peers are scaling the ladder of their careers? And finally is it easy to start studying new in mid life ....30+ say?

2. twobmad profile image78
    twobmadposted 6 years ago

I think to change a new career by the age of mid 30 is not naturally easy one. However if you are forced to change, you gotta do it. But as you described I won't change my career just for the sake of better income unless the current salary does not really support my living.
    However the good point is that once you are already efficient at one career, chance is that you will also be able to find the next good career with your previous experience. As far as my observation is concerned... experience and efficiency is the key.. plus your interest... then it is perfect.

3. wytegarillaz profile image75
    wytegarillazposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say it is easy, however I really believe that if you have a strong desire to change jobs to do something you really want to do then go for it ,
    I trained to be a storage unit manager & had to learn a lot ! (that wasnt a dream for me ) You can do it ! One lady always wanted to be a pilot so went back to shool as a mature adult & ended up as  Concord  pilot !!

4. mcimicata profile image59
    mcimicataposted 6 years ago

It is not easy, and will probably be on of the hardest things that you do in life, but will be well worth it if you have a strong desire to work in the new field.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

Just do it............Nike stole that from me!

I have been a " wholesale distributor", a " retail store manager", a "long haul truck driver" and am currently " a dietary manager"..........

Just  move on.  Life is lived in forward motion.  The hardest part is the interviewing process......by far.

Of course, I have the attitude of not going backwards.

6. ginjill ashberry profile image76
    ginjill ashberryposted 6 years ago

Change is always scary at first. A new career, a new place, meeting new people. Worrying whether we would fit in. And to be asking question when you used to answer question is not easy too, yes, especially at mid thirties when the person that trains you are in their twenties. Then again, we never stop learning as long as we are still able to. I have done it before, in my twenties, but under difficult circumstances. I would say, 'Fear not the unknown', you might like it. Take it as a challenge.

7. McRobin profile image57
    McRobinposted 6 years ago

well, it depends. If you're unhappy with your job, then you could probably consider changing your career. You should do what you do best. Making good use of your CORE GIFT.

8. doodlebugs profile image83
    doodlebugsposted 6 years ago

It can be a challenge, but also can be a well  needed life change. For some jobs starting at 30 plus may be a disadvantage, but for many employers your maturity is a big advantage.