jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever left a job on bad terms with the employer?

1. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

Have you ever left a job on bad terms with the employer?

2. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

It depends, on what you mean by "Terms" ... in the sense of 'leaving' on bad terms.

I have been gainfully employed in many top positions; such as Director, CEO, or as Advisor to the National Government ... during a professional career ...  spanning over 40 years.

But I left, whenever the job, or the employers, wanted me to indulge, in what I call, Gross Wrongs  on behalf of the Corporations, or the Boards of Investors ...

I always retained the distinction, of an Immaculate Balance Sheet ... Never Charged with sloth, mismanagement, or embezzlements ... though I always had the power to make, the unfairly earned "insider" and "cuts" Millions.   

Because, I am a straight forward Muslim ... And follow Islamic Tenets ... which does not allow, anything, that hurts fellow humans, who depend on my decisions.

I, thus, am on Excellent Terms, with my Real, my Real life-long Employer ... For He takes very Good Care of his servants.

3. isameyaki profile image60
    isameyakiposted 6 years ago

Usually leaving old job is stepping stone to fill up another job which seeking for new better pasteur.., sometimes to leave old jobs because it is no longer happy into what earnings is  there and also co employees there are no longer that in good term .

4. Kyle Rivers profile image61
    Kyle Riversposted 6 years ago

No never! I've always left my employers on good terms. You never know if you might need that "reference" when applying for a new job. Don't burn your bridges!

5. profile image50
    James Gregposted 6 years ago

No until now I have not left job on bad terms at the office. It depends on the working environment and the reactions of both, you have to adjust yourself according to the environment. I once quit a job as it seemed to be going the other way and it would have been bad terms but as I realized it I quit on good terms. The boss was a real snob and would alter the reports to make his good name in front of the directors and this really made me feel bad, when I realized that his nature would not change I just excused my way out from the company.

6. Beege215e profile image66
    Beege215eposted 6 years ago

My question has always been- if an employer can fire you or "let you go" without a moments notice, why must I be expected to give that employer two weeks notice before I quit?
    They can hand you a pink slip and you are out the door. I once went to a boss and said to him " you are fired!".. Handed him the keys to my office and I left. He wasn't good enough to be my boss. I didn't like his ethics, his business dealings or even him personally, So I fired him.  Bad terms or equality?  What he can do - I can do.