If the Whitehouse asked for your advice as to how to fix the economy, what would it be?
This not an invite for personal attacks on the people who are running things. I think some of our brightest minds are never consulted on some of our most complex problems.
If, if, if ... these are a FEW of my advices:
1. Repeal Obamacare
2. Implement the FLAT RATE TAX SYSTEM
3. Serious penalties to employers who hire illegal aliens
4. Hire citizens and legal immigrants only
5. Let other countries who need our protection pay for our troops and bases abroad. Example, Germany and Korea.
6. Drill in our waters. Other countries are already drilling in our waters and benefitting from it, why not us? Our safety standards of drilling are much more stricter than other countries who are drilling near our waters.
7. Support our natural resources industry and make use of it responsibly like pipelines for gas and coal mining. Ease the restriction on epa standards WITHOUT sacrificing safety and practicality.
8. Go ahead carefully with infrastructure projects.
9. Big companies who import products and services should have a much higher taxes than companies who avail of products made in America.
10. Implement the free market enterprise
Easy...though very unpopular. We go back to the gold standard and stop printing arbitrary money out of thin air that is backed by the honor system. Produce a federal budget for NEXT year that cuts 20% across the entire federal government. Then, begin closing useless government entities; start with TSA, DEA, Department of Education and the Department of Energy. Pull all troops back from overseas to include many of our post-WWII permanent bases. Then, you cut the military starting with unneccessary command and supervisory positions by not letting these people re-enlist if they are not needed and offering early retirement to some. We still have as many commanders as we had during WWII when our military was much much bigger. The War on Terror and War on Drugs are ridiculous enterprises that need to be stopped completely and re-evaluated. I would not consider tax changes immediately. There is no reason to raise them until the spending is under control. If issues are resolved we can consider lowering them.
by Stump Parrish6 years ago
McConnell: No real deficit deal until Obama is gone.If there was any doubt that the GOP is holding this country hostage in order to retake the Whitehouse, McConnell removed it with this statement. Mr. Obama says he will...
by theirishobserver.7 years ago
Good afternoon,President Obama just returned from his fourth trip to the Gulf Coast region since the BP Oil Spill began in April. Tonight at 8 p.m. EDT, he will address the nation from the Oval Office on the oil spill...
by pisean2823117 years ago
guess people from hubpages didnt vote
by Rhonda D Johnson2 years ago
What did the US use for collateral when we borrowed money from other countries?We know that the US government has borrowed billions of dollars from China, Japan and other countries. But what did we use for...
by Person of Interest6 years ago
This critter will never make a dime, but I wrote it anyway.Comments are solicited, even negative ones.http://paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/ … Bases-Base
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.