I guess my first question would have to be, 'Most Admired' for what?
Credit for this list goes to 'The Daily & Jeffersonian' -
1. Signed an executive order on government contrast waste and spending-http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/economy_in_government_contracting >br>
2. Signed into law the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, giving women equal pay to men- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtKAKlurRAY
3. Renewed dialogue with NATO and allies on strategy issues- http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/09/04/04 … n-and-NATO
4. Announced plan to end war in Iraq (and we're on track for it. too!) - http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/28/washi … raq-track/
5. Provided funding to families of fallen soldiers to defray expenses for them when the body arrives at Dover AFB- http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/0 … -families/
6. Ended media blackout on war casualties and the return of fallen soldiers to Dover AFB- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7986203.stm
7. Signed into law the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which is responsible for saving and/or creating 2.1 million jobs- http://www.recovery.gov/About/Pages/The_Act.aspx
8. Launched the Recovery.org website to show where your tax dollars are going, giving transparency to government- http://www.recovery.gov/Pages/home.aspx
9. Making Home Affordable plan- http://www.makinghomeaffordable.gov/
10. Launched a $15 billion plan to help small businesses- http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_off … ess-owners
11. Investing in education programs to both provide jobs now and for the future- http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/education
12. Gave the VA $1.4 billion to improve services for veterans programs- http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/veterans
13. Signed in law to SChip law to help underprivileged children be covered by health insurance- http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/veterans
14. Repealed Bush's restrictions on stem cell research- http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ma … ll-funding
15. Ended the stop-loss program which made soldiers serve as many as 4 tours in war- http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123741885685978043.html
16. Signed into law the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the way the Pentagon acquires weapons- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weapon_Sys … ct_of_2009
17. Signed into law the Fraud Enforcement and Recovery Act, giving the authority to investigate and prosecute fraud in the lending industry which led to the financial meltdown- http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch … s-hou.html
18. Signed into law the Helping Families Save Their Homes Act to help families on the verge of foreclosure keep their homes- http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch … s-hou.html
19. Started laying out a plan for Mexico-US border security- http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_off … Commitment
20. Announced strategy to deal with international nuclear threat- http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_off … -Delivered
21. Improved the Freedom of Information Act, giving it more transparency- http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_off … mation_Act
22. Signed into law the Credit Card Accountability. Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act, putting the brake on sleazy practices of credit care companies and protecting consumers- http://www.newsunfiltered.com/archives/ … credi.html
23. Endorsed the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act of 2009 which puts the brakes on offshore tax havens- http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq … rmor_x.htm
24. Helped reverse the DOW from around 8000 when Bush left to the biggest weekly gain in a year on July 9, 2010-http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/nyse/stocks-climb-again-posting-the-biggest-weekly-gain-in-a-year/19548493/
25. Provided a tax cut to 95% American workers- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/1 … 60559.html
26. Cracked down on companies denying their workers sick leave, pay, and insurance and also avoiding paying Social Security, Medicare and unemployment taxes- http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/18/busin … rkers.html
27. Increased funding for pell grants, providing more low income students with access to college funds- http://www.ourfuture.org/report/2009031 … -not-banks
28. Signed into law the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act, enabling better care for veterans- http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_off … arency-Act
29. Launched an investigation against Anthem Blue Cross over their jacking premiums up by 39%... pressure on Anthem cause them to reverse itself- http://www.cleveland.com/nation/index.s … lifornian/
http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/04/3 … lifornian/
30. Extended unemployment benefits for over 2 million people by 20 weeks in November 2009- http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/04/3 … lifornian/
31. Created the American recovery and Reinvestment Act which has saved/created more than 2 million jobs and improved the economy by 3.5%- http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2311303720100223
32. Economic policies helped unemployment drop to 9.5%. More jobs started opening up and hiring and joblessness dropped dramatically from over 700,000 on January 20, 2009, to 125,000 in June, 2010... Most of these job losses are attributed to temporary Census workers not doing the Census anymore. Jobs, being a lagging indicator (Economics 101), jobs are ALWAYS the last thing to improve in any economy.
33. Seven of ten economic indicators have improved, showing signs that the economy has and continues to improve-
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-0 … march.html
34. Allocated funding to help fireman and police officers save their jobs, thus keeping communities safer- http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … -planning/
35. strengthened the Endangered Species Act- http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter … -planning/
36. Launched a criminal and civil investigation into the Gulf oil spill- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/0 … 96626.html
37. Did NOT apologize to BP for making them take responsibility for the mess they created, as the GOP has done. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic … _bill.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/1 … 15686.html
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100708/ap_ … _candidate
38. Did NOT suggest that taxpayers foot the bill for the spill instead of BP like John Boehner, Michele Bachmann, Tom Donohoe and other GOPers think we should.
http://www.ex-christian.net/index.php?/ … -bps-mess/
39. Gave tax credits for first time homeowners through the Worker, Homeownership and Business Assistance Act- http://www.federalhousingtaxcredit.com/
40. Did NOT screw over out of work Americans by blocking the extension of unemployment benefits in June of 2010-http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/30/unemployment-jobless-fails-senate_n_631710.htmlFor even more, click here: http://simplifythepositive.blogspot.com … arack.html
you forgot,"bankrupted this country".
Besides, taxpayers should be the "most admired"! It is our money that he is giving away not his.
YOU forgot - we actually had a budget surplus when Bush took office.
Bush slashed taxes for the rich and took the country into two unfunded wars with NO EXIT STRATEGY.
Then Bush policies in support of big business brought the economy to ruins in the year BEFORE Obama took office. Yes, there's a lot of housecleaning to be done, but you can't undo eight years of mismanagement in two years.
I have plenty of criticism of Obama where he did things I don't like, but I do admire him for what he HAS done.
Think about it, these are the same type of people that gave Obama a nobel prize and they gave Clinton's VP a nobel as well. They're not exactly a discerning group.
@BillyDRitchie well when we have palin as competitor of obama...bar is definately low...bill clinton would have been nice competition...but with bush and palin , ofcourse obama has not competition
Standing up clapping.
I am awed by Obama's accomplishments.
Yep, bobsledding our country into socialism....what a guy.....
Now we'll have 2 years of them trying to overturn all that accomplishment while working to impeach him. Oh joy.
Well,. I certainly hope the GOP does what we sent them back for and tries to at least call a screeching halt to Obama's leftist agenda.
As for impeachment, well, I haven't heard anyone call for that, nor do I believe that Obama has done anything that remotely comes close to "high crimes or misdemeanors", so your paranoia is somewhat uncalled for.
I know...it SUCKS when people other than rich corporate types get attention, huh?
Oh, I almost cry for those poor poor billionaires....
The NERVE of these sub-par humans, actually thinking they matter too!!
Oh the PAIIIIIN.
I write like Chris. My clarity suffers as I get upset in proportion to my emotional state. The complaint LMC was responding to was 'socialism' - and 'socialism' to LMC and me is code for - rich people might be required to pay a fair share of taxes.
So we are not too sympathetic because to us (let me know if I am wrong, LMC) - 'socialism' is the war cry of idiots hoodwinked by billionaires.
You are correct - the Obamas are not poor - they do pay their taxes and they are generous with charity, as well.
Yes, they are generous to others, and I applaud them for that. Wish they could give some charity lessons to Biden! lol
Doug, what do you think of a national sales tax instead of the traditional IRS? A system where luxuries like yachts, vacation homes, Ferraris, etc. would include a large tax? Food and other necessities would either have a small tax or no tax at all.
Habee, the idea of a National Sales Tax to replace the Income Tax is a sucker bet being promoted by the top 1%.
Here's the scam. The more money you make, the LESS you spend as a percent of income. People in the top 1% may spend less than half their income. Even a 'luxury tax' on toys for the wealthy won't close the gap by a fraction. You are a fair person, that's why you considered exempting food from the tax. Doo if you exempt the rich from paying tax on half their income - you exempt the poor from paying on necessities.
Where's the tax burden going to fall? The services government must provide have to be paid for, and by elimination, a HUGE burden will fall on the middle class. And they are struggling now.
All these code words they use all the time:
"socialist", "muslim", "hates America", "urban", "not born here".
I'm sick to death of it.
Meanwhile, we are robbed blind by people who are already rich beyond their wildest dreams.
Obama may be rich, but he pays attention to the middle and under-classes too. He actually had to pay a BRIBE to do something for them!!! But do it he did.
It's just disgusting to me how far this country has strayed from its integrity in the small amount if time that I have been here.....
My father and grandfather....they were so pro-American!! So proud and grateful to be here. Everything they bought had to be "made in America".
Now look.....a mere 3 generations later, and hardly anything is "made in America".
Um, LMC, socialist applies perfectly, nobody in the mainstream of conservative thought has accused Obama of being a Muslim (although he is clearly sympathetic to Muslim causes), and while he may not hate America, he certainly does an awful lot of apologizing for it. And despite the birther movement, I think most rational folks agree that Obama was born here (which makes his refusal to just simply produce the birth certificate and end all the nonsensical fuss all the more bewildering.)
Hate to burst your rabid stereotyping, but there it is,....
(Sigh), again, the wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 percent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax.
And you still think they should pay more?
Again, exactly how much of someone else's income do you believe you are entitled to?
I hate it when the government steals money from anyone.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
they saw President Barack Obama as the president of promise and reformation? During President Obama's administration, unemployment and national debt is the HIGHEST it has been. More and more civil liberties are being eroded. Despite Obama's dismal and horrific record, Americans...
by Holle Abee 6 years ago
Just thought I'd get a jump on the MSM. Many right-leaning reporters are already saying if Obama shows up tonight, the left will declare him as the ultimate, supreme, audacious, awesome, comeback winner. lol
by Stump Parrish 7 years ago
McConnell: No real deficit deal until Obama is gone.If there was any doubt that the GOP is holding this country hostage in order to retake the Whitehouse, McConnell removed it with this statement. Mr. Obama says he will not sign a short-term deal, saying, "This the United States of America...
by Reality Bytes 5 years ago
A report Monday night on the nature of the administration's drone program has the potential to dramatically revamp the debate over President Barack Obama's foreign policy and the confirmation process for his incoming cabinet.The report, by Michael Isikoff of NBC News, reveals that the Obama...
by Moderndayslave 7 years ago
With the income gap between the wealthiest American's and the soon to be decimated middle or working class ever increasing. How much more proof do you need that tax cuts for the wealthy isn't creating jobs or supplying wages that are holding their own against inflation....
by SparklingJewel 8 years ago
someone at the huffington post has vision to see the truthhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-sc … 81296.html
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|