jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

A Short Discussion about World Deployment of U.S. Troops

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

This critter will never make a dime, but I wrote it anyway.

Comments are solicited, even negative ones.

http://paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/ … Bases-Base

1. Reality Bytes profile image90
      Reality Bytesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you have written a great hub.  I agree fully with your opinions.   The Countries that benefit from the Security provided with taxpayer dollars is priceless.

We should demand payment for our services not the other way around.

I am going to post a Facebook link for you.  smile

paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, R.B.! smile smile smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
          Hollie Thomasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Same here, read, liked, FB'd and Tweeted.

Thanks, Hollie. Who knows? Maybe this hub will actually end up doing some good.

2. paradigmsearch profile image86

If I were to put a whitehouse.gov link in the hub, do you think they would reciprocate? big_smile

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
              Hollie Thomasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think you should give it a shot!!!!!....alarm bells (have you seen the movie conspiracy theory?) I don't think it matters what Whitehouse.gov think, what matters is what the people who read your hub think. Now, if we can get a good number of people to read that hub and reciprocate...That big white building might be forced to listen, and claim it was their idea in the first place of course.big_smile

2. Quilligrapher profile image92
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years agoin reply to this

<snipped quote from Hub>

Good evening, Paradigm.

I read your solution with a great deal of interest. Your extensive effort and excellent delivery are apparent from start to finish. I commend you for a high quality presentation.

I have to admit my total ignorance about the subject matter. Global military strategy, diplomatic negotiations, enemy threat analysis, and evaluation of costs and benefits are all far beyond my comprehension. Of course, I have no idea about your level of expertise but I know that I have none. Consequently, the assumptions from your hub stated above, in particular your summation that the necessity of our military presence is determined by the host country’s acceptance of a new lease is confusing to me. It certainly runs contrary to the opinion of Tim Kane, Ph.D and a Research Fellow in Macroeconomics in the Center for Data Analysis at The Heritage Foundation. He writes, “the first priority in deployment strategy is not a particular foreign government’s desire to keep a certain number of American troops in its country, but the American need to align its forces against contemporary and future threats.” http://www.heritage.org/Research/Report … -1950-2003

In the end, Paradigm, while I respect your assumptions and conclusions, I must delay my own conclusion until I have read a bit more.

Thanks again for an interesting and topical read.

Please delete what you replicated from my hub. I don't want duplicate content issues. Thanks. smile

2. paradigmsearch profile image86

And this particular hub has no problem with any dissenting opinions that happen to show up there. big_smile

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

3. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Haven't a clue but there ya go.

Thanks. smile

4. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 5 years ago

Liked the article, the intent seems good , but i'm still up in the air whether Americans should even be there. Maybe the host countries are realizing that Americans are becoming targets, and are becoming a liability by having them there. Look at all the Embassy and few military base bombings that happen in other countries ,once there. Maybe they are thinking the protection is actually bringing in the terrorism against it. Not that i'm agreeing with terrorists just that this may be the new mentality and the reason for many leases expiring without renewing.

I liked the comment you left on my hub. Thanks. smile

working