If you discovered your company was doing something immoral would you speak out o

1. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

If you discovered your company was doing something immoral would you speak out or keep quiet?

Knowing that speaking out would end your career could you stand for your principles or would you keep quiet in order to to keep your job?

2. mabrgordon profile image75
    mabrgordonposted 6 years ago

Once, I had the unfortunate problem of finding out that my immediate boss was manipulating work for private gain, as well as violating copyrights and dragging my name/work down in the process. Because of the "chain of command," I was forced to bring this up during a board meeting knowing I might not survive the week, and unfortunately, no action against my boss was taken (as my boss was friends with the president of the company). When my boss was still there the next week and nobody acted like anything had happened (and he was still acting immorally), I quit. Later, I found out the guy pretty much wrecked the company with his copyright violations. At the end of the day, money is money, and you are yourself - which is more important? If you can't wake up everyday and stay true to your principles, then what are you?

3. Utkarsh raj profile image74
    Utkarsh rajposted 6 years ago

It would be practical to keep the problem away by letting the things go as they are. But its of course our moral duty to Flag out he wrong thing what if its in my company.

working