jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever received more than your change at a store and just rushed out? and

1. Fuller-Life profile image78
    Fuller-Lifeposted 6 years ago

Have you ever received more than your change at a store and just rushed out?
    and kept it knowingly?

Even when you knew that you got more money by mistake?

2. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

I always return it when I notice they have given me too much money back.

3. Philanthropy2012 profile image87
    Philanthropy2012posted 6 years ago

No but something worse, my friend asked me to hold a large box of biscuits for them in a store, thinking they had already paid for it, I walked out so I could drink my beverage yikes

I couldn't go back what if they didn't believe me! It was only about £5 though, I hope that store is doing okay sad

4. Ramsa1 profile image63
    Ramsa1posted 6 years ago

No. Never. Ever since I was a child I've been returning change given to me in error.

5. tswilson profile image59
    tswilsonposted 6 years ago

I can honestly say that I do not think I have.  I can remember times where I got the wrong change and said something.  I may have gotten the wrong amount and not known it at the time.

6. remaniki profile image80
    remanikiposted 5 years ago

I happened to be at a medical store just two days ago when the girl at the cash counter took the money I handed over to her and returned the same amount of the bill instead of the change.

Obviously, there was some confusion at the counter, so instead of thirty plus, I received seventy plus in change. I was in a real hurry and left immediately but on realizing that an error had occurred, went back and returned the money.

A few years ago too, I had done a similar thing though I had to go a little far to return the extra dress (not money) that I had received at a textile shop the previous day.

If the employees lose money or things to customers this way, the money is generally deducted from their salary, so I would never think of keeping it once I realize that I have received more than what I had to get.