jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What would you do if a client refuses to pay up after you have delivered your pr

1. Anishpat profile image78
    Anishpatposted 6 years ago

What would you do if a client refuses to pay up after you have delivered your product?

2. Felixedet2000 profile image57
    Felixedet2000posted 6 years ago

i will report the incident to the police after realizing that the client really does not want to pay.

3. Dr. Haddox profile image81
    Dr. Haddoxposted 6 years ago

Anishpat,
    You could first try communicating with your client to find out why he or she has refused to pay. Maybe there was a problem with the product. If not. Then what is the problem? Does the client have the money? Can a deal be worked out to pay the money based on an agreement that you can live with? After exhausting all means of getting paid for your product, then outside help may be needed. Legal means are sometimes available to help you.
    I would avoid a situation that could result in a physical confrontation (a fight) that could end up in violence. People get killed over money issues all the time. We don't people hurt or killed, if we can help it. Take care. May peace follow you.
    Dr. Haddox

4. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

If its a freelance job done online I would learn from my mistakes and I've been in your shoes a few months back. I only accept work when the client funds escrow now. I'm sorry if this isn't the kind of work your doing but I'm just sharing my mistake.

All you could do is file a complaint in a court if you have proof and stuff or just learn from your mistakes.

5. Jeromeo profile image61
    Jeromeoposted 6 years ago

There is only one thing to do. Just as Felixedet2000 said.  If you can't get the client to peacefully return the goods call the police and report a, Theft by Deception, or if the, now X, client refuse to pay for your services; then its a civil matter for the courts. and you seek redress through, Litigation & Civil Procedure . 

Actions of any other kind, especially violence, may result in your being, arrested, prosecuted and possibly imprisoned.

Bottom line______________don't take matters into your on hands.

6. ShootersCenter profile image74
    ShootersCenterposted 6 years ago

I've found that filing in small claims court that the issue usually comes to a quick settlement, this is after contacting a number of times trying to work out the problem.

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Take the product back and try to sell it to someone else. If they claim it was broken, then fix it. If they want a replacement, send them one. If they want their money back, give it to them.

8. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

First I would try to find out why they did not pay. Maybe they were unhappy with the service/product. If I could correct the problem I would. If there was no problem and they just refuse to pay I would call the police and request assistance in the matter.

9. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Do you have a contract with the client? If yes, then it will be easy to settle this matter. If not then you can opt to retrieve back your product.

It will be wise to find out the reason why your client is not paying first. With the knowledge of why then you can decide what sort of decision to be made.

working