jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What kind of job lets me host parties?

1. yyah profile image80
    yyahposted 6 years ago

What kind of job lets me host parties?

I did an exercise in Barbara Sher's book "I Could Do Anything If Only I Knew What It Was." It was to describe your job from heaven and your job from hell.

Well, my job from heaven is to host parties with a team of assistants. I get asked what is the next thing to happen. I spend the whole time talking to people, greeting guests, and directing ceremonies.

What kind of jobs should I be looking for that will let me do this kind of thing?

2. SweetiePie profile image81
    SweetiePieposted 6 years ago

Why not start a side business for yourself doing just that.  Last night I was looking at Craigslist, and I noticed there was a group promoting themselves as princess parties, where they dress up and throw a princess themed party for your kids.  Perhaps you could think of a theme that works for your taste.  If you are good at throwing a tropical or Hawaiian themed party for adults, promote yourself doing that.  Build this up as a side business and get good word of mouth, and perhaps you can make a name for yourself doing that.

3. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 6 years ago

Selling Premier Design Jewelry is done by people hosting a party in their home and having you, the seller, come explain the jewelry and options, and arranging for purchases. One of my extravert relatives does it and loves it.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 6 years ago

There are jobs that permit you to literally make a living being the life of the party. read more

5. profile image59
    celticmelodyposted 6 years ago

I do a variation on the princess parties. I do belly dance parties for moms and daughers and for bachelorette parties (NOT bachelors LOL).  I do a littl dance for them - usually a cane dance because you wear a long dress for that (no tummy showing) then I'll teach them a little routine, give them all a hip scarf and serve hummus and pita bread along with other themed foods.

Everyone has blast