jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When is it Ok to say-I Quit?

1. MojoDawg profile image61
    MojoDawgposted 6 years ago

When is it Ok to say-I Quit?

2. moshitup profile image59
    moshitupposted 6 years ago

Think about a few things first. Do you have another job you are starting? Are you and your family going to be ok if you don't have a job? If you answered "no" to either question, then you have some work to do before you "quit". Your families care and well being has to come first, even if your job is not your "dream" job.

3. Robie Benve profile image98
    Robie Benveposted 6 years ago

It depends on the circumstances...
    Are you quitting because of a strong challenge that you feel too difficult to tackle?
    Or are you referring to quitting a bad relationship?
    Or a job you don't like?
    I think quitting is fine as long as you don't do it out of fear of failure.

quote by Lance Armstrong "Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever."

4. Writerly Yours profile image78
    Writerly Yoursposted 6 years ago

You have to make sure that your financial situation allows you to say I quit without later regretting it.

1. Keep in mind, if you quit, most likely you will NOT be able to claim unemployment benefits.

2. Dig real deep inside of you ask yourself what's really going on.

3. Is the issue task, money, company culture related or a combo of all?

It's not an easy step to take, but on the other hand if you feel abused, if you feel you've done everything positively to change the scope of your situation and you are financially stable and can afford it without affecting you and your family's life, then by all means seize the moment and go for it.

Weigh out all the pros and cons.

Also, brush up the good old resume and put yourself out there before quitting. Sometimes just putting yourself out there helps you distract yourself from making a decision you may not be happy with later.

Think it through, consult with loved one's and follow your passions.

Thank you for the question.

Good luck!