jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Diversify or Specialize?

1. Sue B. profile image96
    Sue B.posted 5 years ago

Diversify or Specialize?

What provides you with the most online earnings potential- focusing all of your attention on one online income source or many different kinds?

2. Bretsuki profile image79
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

I spread my net wide when it comes to internet income.

Last year I was one of the Amazon affilliates in California who lost their accounts due to the dispute between the California legislature and Amazon.com. About 100,000 affilliates lost their business overnight. Though Amazon and the CA legislature reached accommodations, my Amazon affiliate traffic has not recovered to any great extent.

Putting all ones eggs in one basket can cause disaster even when you are personally not to blame. 

Luckily I had several other sources of income which were not affected. Had Amazon.com been my only business I would have been in serious trouble.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

I think definitely diversify.  Like Bretsuki I live in a state where Amazon pulled the plug on its affiliates due to tax laws passed here.  I write hubs but also run several blogs and websites where I use AdSense and other affiliate programs.  I also sell my own products/services and write for other others etc. 

This isn't to say you should spread yourself too thin - that can backfire too, but definitely have more than one avenue of revenue.

4. kerimhoroz profile image59
    kerimhorozposted 5 years ago

Absolutely diversify into the online income sources for if something is wrong with one of the source , you still know that you have some income by some others,  but specialize in your expertness field to answer people's question.

working