What are some questions to ask an interviewer?
I have an interview on Friday for a more senior role at a local children's nursery. I have not been for an interview in over 8 years and am feeling a bit nervous. What are some good questions that I could ask at the end of the interview that would make me stand out from the crowd?
Hi! Jacqui 2011,
You may think about asking these questions, Good luck!
1) Who is the current best performer in the work place? And what makes him/her the best?
2) Can you describe a typical day for me?
3) Is this position a replacement? If it is so, what are the strength and weakness of the person I am replacing?
4) Do you believe that I have the skills needed for the job? Should I need any additional training?
5) Is there any thing that would keep me moving in this interview?
I remember interviewing teachers for staff position at a child care center and we looked for candidates who showed interest in our programs and asked questions such as:
Do they have an incentive plan for teachers? Do they have an employee appreciation program or can you develop one for them?
They will most like follow a certain curriculum so I would ask them which one they use (or this may be found on their web) and ask them if you are allowed to supplement and enhance the lesson plans with training for teachers.
Ask if they how they handle staff meetings. Communication is key and knowing how best to impart important notices keeps your center running smoothly.
Some questions that could possibly work for that type of interview might be -
(1) What is the typical daily schedule at the nursery?
(2) What is your center's philosphy regarding discipline and behavior redirection?
(3) What is the average retention/turnover rate for staff?
(4) How many children are in the program? How many children would I be directly responsible for? Would I ever be responsible for a group of children alone/without other staff?
(5) What type of curriculum does your center use? What types of enrichment activities are available for the children?
(6) What type of communication system exists between parents and staff? Do staff typically have a good relationship with families/parents?
(7) How long do families typically stay with the nursery?
I hope these are helpful, they are a few things I thought of based on my past experience in child care, Good luck with the interview!
by InfoFinder 6 years ago
What are good questions to ask on a job interview?
by Shanna 6 years ago
I didn't have to interview for my first job at Jimmy John's, but I did have to briefly interview for my job as a dishwasher. I don't consider that a REAL interview though because I didn't have to dress up, there were enough positions to go around and it was a five minute interview talking about...
by Annette Thomas 7 years ago
I'm pondering this question, as I've had several interviews lately and worked my way through the whole process. When we got to the end, I asked "how much?" Only to find out it's not enough money. I know times are hard, but crap....I just don't want to go to work somewhere if...
by Linda 5 years ago
I need some advice on how to conduct an interviewI'm going to be doing an interview with a real-life friend who has an interview on the TV show 'The Voice.' With her permission, I'll be sharing this with the local newspaper. I would like any advice hubbers can provide about how to do this!!Thank...
by YvetteParker 6 years ago
In your relationships, do you ask too many questions, not enough, or just enough?
by Amelia Griggs 6 years ago
What are the top 10 ten things you should never do at a job interview?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|