jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How would you define being "ethical" in business or in your personal life??

1. Peter Leeper profile image81
    Peter Leeperposted 6 years ago

How would you define being "ethical" in business or in your personal life??

In business school, a teacher of mine put the idea of ethics and understanding what it means in to a simple context.  Ask yourself, if what I am about to do were headline news in tomorrows paper, would you be ashamed that your family and friends would see?  I always liked this explanation.  What is your definition of being ethical?

2. pmorries profile image77
    pmorriesposted 6 years ago

I believe that the ethics they teach in business school and what happens in the actual business world are two very different things. I truly believe  that ehics in the business world is lie, cheat, and steal for the company, not from the company. Otherwise, your definition of being ethical is acceptable.

3. toppayingjobs profile image59
    toppayingjobsposted 6 years ago

For me it is not a matter of if something were in the headline news tomorrow, it comes down to can I look myself in the mirror and be happy with the man and person that I am.  The reason for this is very simple, just look at the news today as it becomes obvious you never really get the whole story, you just get the story someone wants to tell.

4. glmclendon profile image60
    glmclendonposted 6 years ago

Keeping your business as well as your personal life above board. You live your life as an open book.

Stay Well

working