jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

SEO or writing from the heart - which is more important to you?

1. Harvest Moon profile image76
    Harvest Moonposted 5 years ago

SEO or writing from the heart - which is more important to you?

2. Khal Blogo profile image59
    Khal Blogoposted 5 years ago

I don't know if what i write counts as "from the heart", but i do think it's more important to just give some good info. It may be slower at first, but you will eventually get good traffic, even if you don't SEO, someone will recommend your hub on facebook or something, and word will spread if you really give people help in one thing or another.

3. CR Rookwood profile image84
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

I just write about what is interesting to me and hope it is interesting to other people too. I'm not convinced SEO is all that and a bag of chips but I don't fault people who focus on it and write that way. It just isn't what is fun for me.

I actually think SEO people and bloggers/writers are kind of two different animals. We can learn from each other but we never really change our stripes. smile

4. spartucusjones profile image95
    spartucusjonesposted 5 years ago

When I specifically get paid to do content writing I do not have any control over the topic and SEO is important.

On Hubpages I do have control over what I write. So I choose to write about subjects that I care about. So up to this points all of my hubs have been about music, because when I was younger there was part of me that always wanted to be music journalist. I am very passionate and knowledgeable about music. At times the specific music topics may not always be the most marketable topic.  But I view hubpages as an outlet to write about subjects that I am genuinely interested in.

That being said there are certain SEO tips that I still try to employ in my hubs. If I can make a little extra income writing about things I love, that is always a bonus. But I don't focus on SEO to the point that it will compromise the integrity of my writing.

5. vechiclereg profile image52
    vechicleregposted 5 years ago

Can it not be both? We always focus our content on the reader and the spiders. Follow a few simple rules like using your keywords, H1,H2 tags, spider friendly URL's and social links to help people share the information.

6. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 5 years ago

Hello Harvest Moon,

Definately writing from the heart for me. I mean, I would love to have a high rank, to get more traffic etc. But the only reason why I would want this is to be able to write full time. To meet other people, learn from them, help them and live a life filled with valuable moments.

Your 'Team Leader'

7. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I write about the stuff I wanna write about and don't worry about SEO, Google keywords, yadda yadda yadda. That stuff makes my head hurt.

1. vechiclereg profile image52
      vechicleregposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your comment.

8. Lipnancy profile image92
    Lipnancyposted 5 years ago

This is what I do. I find a topic that I want to write about or I know. Then I find the keywords with  the correct stats. If I cannot find keywords, I do not bother writing.

Hubpages recommends 10 keywords, so I usually try and find at least 20 keywords.

I then write my hub and fit 10 of them into my article.

9. Vegas Elias profile image29
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Writing from the heart is more important. Instead of you going after money it is better that money comes after you. If you write good content money and fame is bound to follow.

working