jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

If you could go back and keep the last job you quit would you?

1. jcdelfinoiii profile image79
    jcdelfinoiiiposted 5 years ago

If you could go back and keep the last job you quit would you?

Looking back on the economy, or maybe loving your new job, if you could stay at your last one would you? What advice would you give someone thinking about quitting a job today?

2. Chlarrey Lustre profile image59
    Chlarrey Lustreposted 5 years ago

Well, I believe life is too dynamic to keep looking back on. If anyone is contemplating leaving their current job for another, the one and only advice I would offer would be that they do a proper comparison of the advantages and disadvantages.

If it turns out that the new Job offers better benefits, then don't look back. Change is bound to occur in life. And even if something detrimental happens on your new job, still don't look back. Instead, source for an even-better Job and quit this one too.

that's progression!

3. Mr.Carroll profile image60
    Mr.Carrollposted 5 years ago

It depends if they would recognize my new degree and offer me a better position.Hey, I quit for a reason and that was so I could better myself. Now that I have improved I want to be recognized for it ,if not I'll go someplace better

4. Jessi10 profile image76
    Jessi10posted 5 years ago

Nope! Since I quit my as a secretary, I started to work for a company called Melaleuca. TRUST me when I say, that was THE BEST decision I could've ever made. Not only is there a LOT more money, but the benefits are amazing all around..

I do not regret quitting my job, I wish I had done it sooner.

I went from making 3 grand a month, to almost 12 grand a month in 9 months..

5. kristyleann profile image60
    kristyleannposted 5 years ago

My last job actually wasn't too bad. It was the company that I had a problem with. I worked as a direct care staff working one on one with people that have developmental problems like mental retardation. The client I worked with would sometimes get mad and cuss me out or something, but other than that she was actually pretty easy to work with.

Well, another employee at the company didn't like me and was constantly talking about me behind my back (not with other employees but with the client). This client was very easily manipulated so as you can imagine, this made for a terrible situation. I tried to solve the problem by going to management but they did absolutely nothing.

Long story short, one day the client attacked me. Fortunately neither of us were injured but she did manage to pull my glasses off my face and hide them somewhere. The company absolutely refused to help me get them back or reimburse me for another pair. Any company that is that dirty isn't worth working for.

6. Rhonda_M profile image86
    Rhonda_Mposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. I left for a reason, to move on to bigger and better things. Sometimes it's too painful stay where you are,