What are the advantages and disadvantages of a labor union?
- Collective ability to negotiate pay and quality of working conditions.
- Unions give workers in a given industry a designated voice to speak in their interest.
- Unions also raise awareness of workplace problems and makes people consider solutions that are sometimes unconventional, but effective.
- Labor strikes can bring entire companies to a standstill.
- Unions' requirements for pay and scheduling dissuades many employers from hiring non-union workers, which can lead to disenfranchisement.
- Historically, unions have sometimes resorted to mob-like tactics to accomplish their goals.
by lady_love158 7 years ago
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/03/22/f … w-capital/Yeah sure the unions are for working Americans! No! They are the new radicals the subversives that wish to destroy this nation rather than give up on their grip of the American tax payers' purse! These people are as evil as their socialist...
by Dan Harmon 8 years ago
I believe that labor unions were a virtual necessity in years past - they helped correct deplorable and disgusting conditions in the workplace. But are they necessary, or even desirable, in modern America?There is little doubt that there are still workplaces in this country that are in need...
by mintinfo 5 years ago
Are Labor Unions still necessary?In the past Labor Unions have been credited with such worker rights as yearly raises, set minimum pay, maternity leave, vacation pay, and set daily and weekly hours of work. Today many opponents of Unions argue that they have gotten too powerful and are an hindrance...
by Fred Arnold 3 years ago
There has been some interesting moves by the Republican majority in many states to push through right-to-work legislation. This would cripple unions in a lot of ways. Are you for or against right-to-work? http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2 … ttack.html
by Josak 6 years ago
Wages have not been keeping up with the cost of living for a long time now in the US and the primary reason is the weakening of the unions, the problem really began during the presidency of Ronnie the union buster Reagan, unions began to lose ground against other movements and many were in fact...
by JON EWALL 7 years ago
Are UNIONS THE ANSWER to the problems we face in our country today?Public sector unions altho related are different than private sector unions.
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|