Do you have pet peeve about Customer Service?

1. tdebrick profile image62
    tdebrickposted 5 years ago

Do you have pet peeve about Customer Service?

I hate giving and getting bad service to someone. I believe you treat someone how you want to be treated!

2. LisaKoski profile image96
    LisaKoskiposted 5 years ago

Yes! I agree with you. I think in some ways that customer service is a joke. I work in retail so I know how it feels to sit there smiling through all the insults and rudeness for eight hours a day. I've had things thrown at me, been cursed and screamed at, and even put down just because I didn't hand back change exactly right, smile enough, or just because the customer is having a bad day. I just think it's unfair to have someone be forced to deal with that and not be able to defend themselves.

On the other hand, having someone provide bad customer service is another issue. Even in that case, I still treat them how they deserve and how I would want to be treated in that situation. If they have a bad enough attitude, going above them to management is always the best way to deal with it but ONLY if they're actually giving bad customer service. Some people get confused between someone giving bad customer service and someone just not doing what they want them to do, which is usually because that person just can't do it and not because they don't want to.

As someone who regularly deals with customers in a company with a strict customer service policy, I've seen it all. Believe me when I say that the kind and reasonable customers tend to get what they want plus some while the rude ones usually get the short end of the stick. It's not always the case that being a jerk gets you want you want.