jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you sell Pepsi to Coke fan?

1. Ricksen Winardhi profile image75
    Ricksen Winardhiposted 5 years ago

How do you sell Pepsi to Coke fan?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7130880_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

I think everyone has their favorite soft drink and has tried the competitors brand, So I would say it we be very difficult. Myself, I prefer Mountain dew, But prefer Coke over Pepsi cola.

3. LoneWolfMuskoka profile image79
    LoneWolfMuskokaposted 5 years ago

You don't. Focus on the Pepsi fans and those that are ambivalent. You'd be wasting too much effort to convert those who are fans (I know, I am one 8smile You'd find that the same effort would have much more return if it was focused on existing fans.

From my personal experience, Coke and Pepsi taste different. I don't like Pepsi and even when I'm jonesing for caffeine I don't like the taste. I'd choose something like Dr. Pepper from a store that only offers Pepsi products.

Some people can't tell the difference. Others can taste the difference but like both. And, obviously, some prefer Pepsi. These are the groups that you need to focus on.

4. Chad Thiele profile image71
    Chad Thieleposted 5 years ago

I agree with LoneWolfMuskoka. I was going to suggest partnering with stores or restaurants to only sell Pepsi products. However as LoneWolfMuskoka points out, consumers might choose another Pepsi product, instead of Pepsi, itself. Therefore, that doesn't really solve your problem.

I think the key is to target loyal Pepsi drinkers or people who don't yet have a brand loyalty. This would make targeting youth a priority.

If you haven't read "Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind" by Al Ries and Jack Trout, you might want to give it a read. Also, you might want to read some of the books written by neuromarketers, as they are working to address issues just like this.

5. Galadriel Arwen profile image79
    Galadriel Arwenposted 5 years ago

Don't like Pepsi and love Coke-a-cola. Can't force someone to purchase what they don't like. If there was no Coke, I'd drink Root Beer instead. Don't like Pepsi!

working