jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What do you answer when the interviewer asks you if you are applying elsewhere i

1. dazzlede profile image60
    dazzledeposted 5 years ago

What do you answer when the interviewer asks you if you are applying elsewhere in the second round?

And additionally what questions to ask from the VPs of different department? Help required there!

2. profile image0
    GoldenThreadPressposted 5 years ago

One can answer the following: "I haven't committed to any position at this time, but I look forward to to having an opportunity to apply my skills doing [name position title].  Questions to ask VP, depends upon their responsibility in company. My best advice is to look on company website and see what company is all about. Dig around and see if there is something that stands out to ask about. Also, Google company and see if there are any comments posted. If you are at a loss, you can always as, "What do you see as an important attribute needed for this position?"

3. JLBender profile image73
    JLBenderposted 5 years ago

To answer the first part of your question: I would say "Yes, I am applying elsewhere and I am looking forward to finding a company where my experience and skills are a natural fit. So far, I have been very impressed with (company name)."

Second part: I would first ask how each different department interacts with the open position and then what type of skills should that person have to accomodate their needs. These leaves the door open for your to further tie your experience into the conversation.

1. dazzlede profile image60
      dazzledeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the advice. I love the current profile so replied that am concentrating on this one. It was taken positively. But the advice regarding what to pose to the VPs is really helpful, as that's the next part.

working