jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Did you ever had a supervisor or superior who sabotaged you, besmirched your rep

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

Did you ever had a supervisor or superior who sabotaged you, besmirched your reputation,

and took credit for your work?

2. Mom Kat profile image80
    Mom Katposted 5 years ago

Yes.  When I was a DSP working foster care for adults with mental illness.  My program coordinator was constantly taking credit for my ideas.  First she would tell me what a terrible idea it was and that it cannot or should not be implemented, then she would "come up" with the exact same idea a couple of weeks later and claim it as her own.
    Also, she would say bad/negative things about me to the other staff, my shift lead, and our program manager.  Once she tried to blame the poor filing on me and say that I put everything in the wrong place.  The shift lead just looked at her and said "It wasn't her.  She always does a great job and files everything where it needs to go.  Besides, she wasn't even asked to file during the times you're talking about."
    Just as a single, specific example....

I transferred to another home which wasn't under her jurisdiction because I couldn't handle dealing with her crap anymore.

3. tmccaskill74 profile image59
    tmccaskill74posted 5 years ago

Absolutely...I don't think there is one superior or supervisor that doesn't do this.  That comes with all positions.  If you work for someone you can bet they are taking credit for your work or accomplishments and occasionally will even be dishonest to the point of helping to get you fired.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

actually that happened to me about 10 years ago. i fixed a few machines at a job i had and the following week, my supervisor was given credit for it. normally i wouldn't care but he also received a large bonus. when i asked him why he took credit, he said "go do you job and mind your own business". ironically, a few weeks later the same problem happened on his shift and i wasn't there. when i got to work, they asked me if i could help fix it and i said to his boss that he was supposedly the one who could fix it, he got the bonus , so tell him to. i was pulled aside by the plant manager, told to fix the problem and to come in the next day ready to be the new supervisor. there was more to it then that but that's the jist of it.

working