jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How many of you have work that you Love, and how many are doing work that you wo

1. jaydene profile image71
    jaydeneposted 5 years ago

How many of you have work that you Love, and how many are doing work that you would rather not do?

2. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

i'm an interior renovator and designer and i love what i do. i can't think of anything i would rather do except be wealthy enough to go around fixing up homes for people who can't afford to get the work done.

jaydeneposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Nightwork4 thanks so much for your voice. Wanting to be wealthy enough to help others at no cost really shows you have a big heart. I am betting the work you do is of good quality smile

3. sherrituck profile image87
    sherrituckposted 5 years ago

My answer to this question falls into both categories.  I have one full-time job and I have been fortunate to have kept this job during the recession.  I am grateful for the work, but the job has changed over the years.  I have also changed and grown as an individual. These changes have caused me to think about my current level of job satisfaction. When I dwell on these changes, I begin to feel the pangs of frustration.  Quitting this job is not an option for me right now, so I began to look for outside avenues that fitted my current interests. Now, I have a part-time teaching position at a local career college.  This job  reflects my true passion.  And,I have also started an online shop on Etsy featuring my art and craft projects.  These two part-time pursuits allow me to explore new opportunities.  I think job satisfaction is what we make of it.  I know of too many people that grumble and complain about their jobs, but they don't take any steps toward positive change.

Sherrituck, thank you for your answer, It is great that you kept your main job, and I totally agree with you in terms of finding our real enjoyment in our true passions and hobbies.  I find these help to balance the stress of a main job.

4. davidlivermore profile image100
    davidlivermoreposted 5 years ago

No one grows up wanting to be an office manager, but that's how it happened for me.  I was fortunate that people gave me chances, and I was able to prove myself.  I enjoy my job, but I can't say I love it.  I throw myself into it, but because I want to do a great job.

Writing, ironically, is what I love.  I just don't don't get paid a lot for the writing I do.

Hello davidlivermore,  You sound very skilled and a hard worker,  I can relate to the paid to write scenario. Perseverance can  get us on the right track with writing is my hope smile

working