jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What's more important, money or job satisfaction?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

What's more important, money or job satisfaction?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7924957_f260.jpg

2. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 5 years ago

I think that job satisfaction can make you more happy than money do. When the work inspires you, you will be more encouraged to improve your skills, so you can get more money also by getting better position in an inspiring satisfying job.

3. Efficient Admin profile image92
    Efficient Adminposted 5 years ago

Both.  Money is important for well-being and so is job satisfaction.  If I would work in a job I really love and look forward to going to every day, but can barely pay the rent and run out of gas and grocery money, dissatisfaction is going to set in. 

On the flip side, if I made a ton of money but hated going to the job every day, dissatisfaction would set in.  I need a happy balance of both money and job satisfaction.

4. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

It depends on your values and the type of lifestyle you want. But at the end of the day, you have to get some satisfaction out of what you do everyday.

Money is good but what's the point if you're not happy and satisfied with the living you make? If you have job satisfaction, you have skill and like your job. If you have skill, you can branch out and make the money in a career niche, or in your own business. If you love what you do, the money will come.

5. forbcrin profile image61
    forbcrinposted 4 years ago

What was first the chicken or the egg? According to Maslow, no one will ever be satisfied with the money. The more they get, the more they want... However there are a lot of problems people can develop if they are not happy with their jobs.

Actually these terms, job satisfaction and money can't be taken separately, they are part of the same mix.

6. sachin001 profile image35
    sachin001posted 3 years ago

Job satisfaction is more important according to me. I have friends who are earning good money with their job, but are not satisfied at all. They are leading a hectic lifestyle due to this all.

7. padmendra profile image45
    padmendraposted 2 years ago

Both money and job is important for a happy life. However, if the job is good, one can reach the top or make a successful career. In such way, money  automatically will be flowing in your account making job more important for you.

8. EconomistInsight profile image60
    EconomistInsightposted 2 years ago

Job satisfaction  is more important. Finding a job you love and becoming great at doing that job.

working