jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Subjects too sensitive for advertisers now?

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 5 years ago

Subjects too sensitive for advertisers now?

I posted a hub about the Sandy Hook thing and also in the same hub things that we can do to try to stop this behavior from a child rearing standpoint.  Well it passed through the 1st 24 hour scrutiny and ads were permitted on my hub.  Now they say that they are not allowed on my hub because of the subject matter is too sensitive for the advertisers.  These advertisers can post dating, nutdity and other inappropriate things as some of us have asked them NOT.  What advertisers would be sensitive and they should not be advertisers.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I wrote a Hub a couple of months ago defining hate crimes and hate groups and it was immediately flagged as "no-ad" status. I was surprised because there are plenty of Hubs here that give graphic details of the acts of serial killers, but they have ads on them. Funny, because HP is losing out, too. That Hub gets pretty decent traffic.

3. kschang profile image87
    kschangposted 5 years ago

Some controversial topics are no-ad. I wrote an article about Bradley Manning (the guy who leaked the stuff to Wikileaks) and the article was stuck in "no-ad" forever. smile

4. Galadriel Arwen profile image75
    Galadriel Arwenposted 5 years ago

I suppose any topic that is controversial is a no win situation for the advertisers. Those who agree with you may be your consumer and those who do not may be your consumer. From a business standpoint it is probably better to keep out of controversy unless they are selling Signs, Posters, or T-Shirts supporting it.

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
      Lady Guinevereposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But that is not reality and Hubpages wasn't made to be for children.  In fact you have to be 18 to sign up for this.  The point is - if the advertisers can put on our hubs dating, semiporrn and who knows what else.  How can they sensitive hub content