jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

How do you handle a terror boss?

1. dscarcha profile image61
    dscarchaposted 5 years ago

How do you handle a terror boss?

Your answer will be included to my next hub. Thanks for your answers!

2. thiruselvamk profile image64
    thiruselvamkposted 5 years ago

Terrify him with loneliness. Bosses need to learn that days of terrifying staff and staff serving like slaves are over. Terror bosses think too highly of themselves and that the staff have nowhere to go. So you too can terrify him. Leave him alone.

3. Goody5 profile image71
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Fight fire with fire, and give it right back to him. That's what I do.

4. BSloan profile image75
    BSloanposted 5 years ago

I had a terror boss before and coped with always wondering what kind of life could they possibly have to be so darn mean and nasty all the time.  I eventually left my job since the atmosphere was so toxic, but I am sad for them that they are so poisoned by evil.

5. multiculturalsoul profile image83
    multiculturalsoulposted 5 years ago

I have learned to agree with anything they say, and I'm not necessarily sarcastic about it. I throw in a smile, too. Inside I'm seething, but outwardly I don't let it show how angry I am. I think they thrive on our pain and worry, and I don't give them the satisfaction.

I have had several horrific bosses, but as soon as I have said, "You know, you're right," they have had nothing more to say. What could they say? I find it's good to buck up their self-esteem every now and then, you know, make them feel special.

My favorite terrible boss had no eyebrows. None. I felt sorry for her and often complimented her on her artistic skills. For seven years I honestly think she thought I was complimenting the decor in her office. She never knew I was commending her for how well she drew in her eyebrows.

Thus, handle a "terror boss" with care and a great deal of interior humor.

1. dscarcha profile image61
      dscarchaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What a humorous way to handle a boss multiculturalsoul. You made me smile. Thank you for the idea. smile