jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How old were you when you had your first job

1. PoetasDsigns profile image60
    PoetasDsignsposted 5 years ago

How old were you when you had your first job

I was 14 too young

2. Winterfate profile image97
    Winterfateposted 5 years ago

22. I was lucky that scholarships paid my way through college, to be honest. Otherwise, I probably would've have had to get my first job at 18.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I was 15, the gig was umpiring baseball games for our town's Little League on Saturdays at $10.00 a game. It sucked. I learned very quickly that little kids are evil, foul mouthed little demons and their parents were even worse. I quit after a parent threatened to "kick my ass after the game" because I'd called his kid "out" on a play at third base.

Parents and youth sports don't mix!!!

4. snerfu profile image75
    snerfuposted 5 years ago

In our suburb, we never had to work till we had finished our education. My first stint as a sales rep did not click. I was 22 at that time.

5. Alphadogg16 profile image90
    Alphadogg16posted 5 years ago

Like Winterfate, In college I was under a basketball scholarship and didn't get my first job until I was 23.

6. RolyRetro profile image83
    RolyRetroposted 5 years ago

13, I had a paper delivery round and was paid 3 quid a day for 2 hours work before school.  Way too early to be working, should have been studying (or sleeping)!

7. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 5 years ago

I was 14 when I got my first job babysitting the kids next door. I was 16 when I got my first job working on a community project.

8. passthejelly profile image79
    passthejellyposted 5 years ago

I wish I was like these other people who didn't have to work until after college.  LUCKY!  Unfortunately, I got my first job when I was 16.