jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you have hubpages on your LinkedIn profile?

1. hrymel profile image87
    hrymelposted 5 years ago

Do you have hubpages on your LinkedIn profile?

I'm working on updating my linkedin profile, and I'm on the fence about adding hubpages.  I'm not sure how professional it would appear to employers, or where to add it on the profile.  Should it be put under projects or work experience?

2. Bishop55 profile image91
    Bishop55posted 5 years ago

I don't personally have mine there, because I tend to write about so many topics that I can't stick to a theme.  I think if you are hubbing about work related issues it could be a good thing.  Or just include on your Linkedin profile that you blog.  I'm sure potential employers see blogging as a skill set, and the fact that bloggers work with various types of media is probably a plus.  I personally won't link mine to that site because I find what I write about may make me appear unprofessional.  So..that's my thought, for what it's worth.  smile

3. vinayak1000 profile image73
    vinayak1000posted 5 years ago

I am of the view that if you are really successful with it (making about a $1000 a month) or if your career is in writing and editing, then it will be a good addition to your LinkedIn profile.

4. bridalletter profile image81
    bridalletterposted 5 years ago

Great idea! I would say yes. It shows your professional ability to write. Depending how much time you spend writing and publishing to Hubpages may determine your placement. If it is more of a hobby for now, I would list it under projects. Full time or close to full time, it is a job experience. Thank you for sharing such a great question.

5. LisaMarie724 profile image80
    LisaMarie724posted 5 years ago

I put it under work experience.  I try to add a link to Hubpages everywhere I can, you never know who will be curious and stop over.  I want as many views as I can get, and who knows if they read your work they may just like it and hire you for a project.

6. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

Yes, I've got a link to Hub Pages on my profile so that they can have a look at articles I've written. If potential employers are so stuck up that they look down on Hub Page articles, then I wouldn't want to work for them anyway! They should be basing your suitability on the quality of your work not on their personal view of a  particular website.

7. JimTxMiller profile image80
    JimTxMillerposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do. I have all my writing outlets listed on my LinkedIn profile.