jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Amazon Associates or Ebay ads: Which one works best on HubPages?

1. yarddog2k profile image61
    yarddog2kposted 4 years ago

Amazon Associates or Ebay ads: Which one works best on HubPages?

With just a few hubs I have managed to earn a few cents with the eBay ads, but nothing through Amazon Associates. What is your experience with these two earning opportunities?

2. christopheranton profile image75
    christopherantonposted 4 years ago

My experience has been that they are both a waste of time and effort and their ads just clutter up my hubs.
    I've taken them down from most of my pages.
    The HubPages ad programme is the best. I usually get around a dollar or two daily from that. With a bit of effort, I could earn more there. I think Amazon and eBay are only useful, if you are writing to review a specific product and advertise it then.

3. gags3480 profile image71
    gags3480posted 4 years ago

Both are of no use to me. Just helps me earn some pennies.

4. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 4 years ago

It all depends on how you structure your hubs, and the goals that you have in mind for each hub you create. Like it or not, if you want to be successful with any internet content, you have to learn to be a marketer.

For me, Amazon has been my best earner, namely because I structure my hubs to favor them. I take extra time to find the products that are really relevant to someone who would find the article useful, and I give them a prominent place on each hub. In articles that discuss specific products, I will point people to the right side of my page where they can find the link to that product. I do earn some from eBay, but my eBay capsule is a footnote more than anything. I can't do the same kind of customized approach that I can with Amazon since eBay auctions are always changing, so I can never guarantee just how relevant those listings will be. I don't like promoting something that might not be of use to my readers, so I spend very little time or space on the eBay capsule.