jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What makes one quit their job?

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

What makes one quit their job?

There are of course the basic reasons of getting a better job, generally being unhappy, but what specific reasons have you quit your job for?

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 4 years ago

I would encourage anyone being abused, harrassed, or bullied in a workplace to resolve the problem, and, if it can't be resolved, leave. It's hard to leave if that means being unemployed. But for many people, the damage of staying in a harmful environment is much worse than we realize. I write about this in my book, Perfect Solutions for Difficult Employee Situations and encourage anyone facing these problems to read Mobbing: Emotional Abuse in the American Workplace by Noa Davenport.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Some individuals quit their jobs to be stay-at-home parents. Other individuals are not satisfied with their job. It could be they disagree or do not get along with their boss, are being bullied at work, could reach better pay else where, are looking for more perks at a different job, etc.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I believe it's the same reasons for ending a relationship. You believe you can do better and you are tired of taking what is being dished out to you.
    The beautiful thing about a door is it lets those who want in (in) and those who want out (out). Anyone who is unhappy in a relationship or a job and (chooses) to stay is (choosing) to be unhappy.
    "When we change our circumstances change."

5. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 4 years ago

When the moment you awaken, you feel a heaviness, all over, just thinking about another day at a job you despise.  When you are 100% certain that you are mistreated, under-appreciated, under-paid and in-a-rut. 
    Muster up the strength to face reality.....make your 2 lists......If the side to STAY has one comment, which is: "it pays the bills."......and the side to LEAVE is endless....do you really need to think about it much longer?   
    Use your head though and don't leave yourself hanging in unemployment.  Update your resume, search and research, reach out, make the calls.....do your homework and then  ...RUN, do not walk toward the EXIT.