jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What are some good ways to de-stress at work throughout the day?

1. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 4 years ago

What are some good ways to de-stress at work throughout the day?

I try to get up every hour and stretch and move. I also keep distractions to a minimum and I play music that I find kind of meditative or relaxing to keep focused.  What other techniques do you recommend for making work a more stress free place?

2. PoeticPhilosophy profile image82
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years ago

Ahh.. I hate stress, I suggest breathing. Focus on your breath and nothing else, after 10-30 breaths you are MUCH calmer. Also lots of water, making you hydrated and functioned properly.

3. profile image0
    JustCraftyposted 4 years ago

I don't work in an office, I work on the road servicing different locations throughout the day so I try to make make someone else laught and it makes me feel good.

4. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image82
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 4 years ago

I am not promoting my hub but please go through the hub-
    http://sanjaylakhanpal.hubpages.com/hub … Management

5. janshares profile image97
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

I agree with PoeticPhilosophy. Take a few minutes to stop and breathe, right at your desk or cubicle. Take long, slow, deep, fine breaths. You will find that it will instantly calm and rejuvenate you, and reset your focus.

6. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 4 years ago

At my place of work we are lucky to have a garden and a hall. In the garden you can go there if things become too much to handle, walk round, focus n the flowers and trees and Nature, which is all beneficial and seems to calm the nerves.

The hall is more of a workout space. I go there to wind down sometimes. I can walk around, do some exercises, runs, warm ups and downs, take a ball and throw a ball around or whack a ball with a tennis racket! There are also a few mattresses and foam things that the gymnasts use. It's surprising how you can get rid of tension in ten minutes.

So, contrasting spaces for different aspects of stress.

7. profile image54
    rasikakulasingheposted 4 years ago

Non medical - Deep muscular relaxation.
    Medical - Clonicipam 10mg tds

http://educationmedi.blogspot.com/

8. liesl5858 profile image82
    liesl5858posted 4 years ago

Some good ways to de-stress at work is to go outside the office on your break and have a little walk or simply sit on a bench and just relax for half an hour and eat your meal away from the office noise. Also you can breathe fresh air.

9. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

I climb a few flights of stairs every few hours when I need a break--the emergency stairwell is my cure-all. Makes stress headaches go away fast, too: no more painkillers! It's also great low-impact exercise, good for building muscle and bone density and losing weight. Gets your heart pumping quickly so you're energized and ready to get back to work after going up and down just a few flights of stairs. Note: speed isn't the key, take your time and hold the railing if necessary. If you're totally out of breath and can't climb any higher, that's when you turn around and go back down to work.

White noise generators, such as from a smartphone app, also help. I also keep a tiny full-spectrum, incandescent bulb lamp lit near my computer whenever I'm at my desk to counteract the negative effects I feel from the fluorescent building lights.

working