What is the weirdest job hunting tip you ever given someone?

1. Job hunting guru profile image60
    Job hunting guruposted 4 years ago

What is the weirdest job hunting tip you ever given someone?

I was just curious.  While trying to help my oldest child, who decided to work full-time instead of going to college, I gave him a tip on a company he should check out.  When asked how did I know the company, I told him I read it in someone's obituary (yes, I still read the newspaper).  Although sort of creepy, he thought it was an interesting take on finding a job.  I wasn't suggesting to take the job of the guy who died but check out the company and see what they have to offer. Hey I have morals :-)!

2. PoeticPhilosophy profile image80
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 4 years ago

I've never gave a weird tip but my friend once told me to say to a job I applied for: "I won't take no for a answer!"

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Pretend like you know what you are talking about even if you have no experience.  That landed me not only in a high paying position, but I had a salary war by 5 top companies in a large city.  Obviously this won't work for everyone.  I had the smarts, so I knew I could do the work.  I just didn't have the experience.  It paid off because when I was given my first huge project, I got it right the first time!

working