What's the weirdest sales spiel or tactic you have ever encountered?

1. jpcmc profile image90
    jpcmcposted 6 years ago

What's the weirdest sales spiel or tactic you have ever encountered?

Sometimes sales representatives have odd ways of getting your attention.  Share some of the weird things they say or do to just to get a sale.

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It is from phone solicitors.  They call and want a donation for some group.  I tell them my husband just retired from work on disability and we cannot afford to donate right now.

and they keep at it!  They say, oh we are sorry to hear that but...this group need money to do such and such.

I cannot believe they actually get people to donate by continuing to talk when you have told them you have no money.

3. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

For a month, when desperate to know what goes on.  I went for a job as a phone sales person.  We were given scripts, had to train for free!  And got dressed down angrily and loudly when unable to answer a hard question despite being new!  Needless to say I left pretty quickly!
    The script was on the lines of:
    Hello, is that Mr /Mrs (name from phone book)
    1. expected response: What are you selling?
    A,  I'm not selling anything.
    they tended to say "Oh! Great..."
    We then had to talk about the bathrooms, bedrooms etc. that were being sold of course.  The ploy was to put the person off guard.  Either just hang up, or see my blog "how to put up with pesky sales people"

working