jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Has anyone ever sold anything by promoting directly on twitter?

1. Only1Talat profile image83
    Only1Talatposted 4 years ago

Has anyone ever sold anything by promoting directly on twitter?

2. Get Thin for Good profile image70
    Get Thin for Goodposted 4 years ago

Excellent question! No I have not, but I am not very aggressive on twitter. I would like to know what others have to say, because I am not convinced it's a viable way of selling stuff...

3. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 4 years ago

Great question.  I've tried with my products that have a cost involved and have sold nothing, but like "GetThin.." I haven't been very aggressive about it.  Just reading this made me think, "Gee, I would put a link to our Halloween software for kids."  (Wish we could be promotional HERE! - ugh)
    I can't tell whether my app or link to my ebook gets downloaded from twitter positings because they are free and I can't tell what comes from where.  Gotta go and post a link now.  THANKS for asking!

4. heidithorne profile image98
    heidithorneposted 4 years ago

I am probably one of the few who can say that I've made money on Twitter, gaining multiple clients and some very interesting projects, too. However, it has never EVER been through "buy my stuff" tweets. I am very active in communities where ideal client prospects hang out. I share links to informative articles (including many of my own), RT (retweet) good info from others and engage in conversations. The goal is to gain top of mind awareness as an expert on what you do or sell so that when they have a need, they think of you first.