jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I really do love my job but I am tired of the sress. Should I change Jobs?

1. kmackey32 profile image66
    kmackey32posted 4 years ago

I really do love my job but I am tired of the sress. Should I change Jobs?

I do love my job but I hate the stress that comes along with it. I am the Assistant Director of Activites at a county Nursing home. The job pays well but it is so stressfull. Some days I just want to cry. What would you do? I currently own an apartment building and soon will bring in 1300 a month in rent. At my job, I bring home about 500 every two weeks. What would you do in my situation.I dont want to have a heart attack one day because I can not take the stress. I also earn some money writing answering question on Webanswers. What are my options?

2. Tolovaj profile image87
    Tolovajposted 4 years ago

It really depends on your priorities. I can say my changed as I aged. I don't like too much stress, no matter how great I felt at certain situations. When I noticed stress is affecting my health, I turned to new things which sometimes panned out surprisingly satisfying.

Do you have an option to somehow relieve the stress (less working hours, different delegations of responsibilities, some help etc.) and keep the majority of positive thrills, even on the expense of slightly lower payment?

There is a whole world of opportunities out there... Take care:)

3. profile image54
    tbHistorianposted 4 years ago

It appears that you have developed a Love/Hate environment based on your current activities.
    Maybe you need to expand your happy skills by seeking advice from those that you are attempting to assist.
    This can be done through a game of sorts where the participants pretend to be you and then prepare a schedule of activities for the group.
    Everyone loves a game - and you can even grow through it as the surprise is that there are many ideas that will be found.
    During each game, you then see how many of the participants had the same ideas and use this to vote for the activity.
    Then as you assist the group, they become your support team to get things on the road to happiness.
    This way you can maintain the earnings you currently enjoy.
    From every seed sown a plant shall grow - So plant the happiness seed wherever you go.

4. profile image0
    Alise- Evonposted 4 years ago

You might ask yourself, "What would my options be if I knew what they were?"
    You might also choose to work with a Life Coach to help you sort out what your really want to do with your life at this point in time, but it seems to me that you have lost passion/energy working as Assistant Director of Activities and are ready to turn your greater focus toward something that more fully energizes you. 
    I wish you all the best, because it's out there if you search for it.

5. kmackey32 profile image66
    kmackey32posted 3 years ago

Well I did end up changing jobs. I am now the director of activities at an assisted living facility and I am much happier so far.