jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever worked for a bad boss?

1. Melinda Longoria profile image80
    Melinda Longoriaposted 3 years ago

Have you ever worked for a bad boss?

What was your experience in working for a bad boss? I am writing an eBook on this subject and would love feedback. No names please. Describe the situation, behavior of your boss, how they made you feel, how it effected your work (or coworkers), and anything else you want to say.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8916059_f260.jpg

2. Josh Makaveli profile image35
    Josh Makaveliposted 3 years ago

Yes i worked at a place 5 years back and my boss was an ediot. He was an egoistic person and couldnt bear anything which can contradict his own concepts. He used to say that he cannot bear anyone smarter than him so this behaviour was really irritating to everyone at work.

3. mgeorge1050 profile image78
    mgeorge1050posted 3 years ago

I just recently quit a job because of the boss.  This guy did nothing but complain about what was going on constantly.  It had nothing to do with my performance, it was just his personality.  The company made more money with me in place than it ever did before, and when I tried to quit, he begged me to stay.  When I explained myself, he said that if he went around saying what a great job I did all the time, I wouldn't work as hard.  Terrible philosophy.

4. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

The problem with a bad boss is he is suffering from low self esteem. He wants to feel superior but there is nothing in nature that will confirm such a false notion. So he desperately seeks external signs, positions or even abuse to reinforce the idea that he is superior to others. The man who wants to put others down is a weakling who secretly feels inferior in some way. It is an illusion in his mind. He is not inferior nor superior, but his mind is clouded by emotions, past experiences of percieved inferiority and the brainwashing of rank and false power set up by the work world. When he feels that nobody cares about his position, and he sees that they are focused only on the work and their own life, he becomes angry. He suffers from a need for respect and attention. Then he wants to attack others because of the empty, unfulfilled feelings that he has.

working