jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can you get someone fired for writing your phone number on their workplace's bat

1. BeccaWood profile image74
    BeccaWoodposted 3 years ago

Can you get someone fired for writing your phone number on their workplace's bathroom stall?

I know its kind of random but I am dealing with this problem at the moment and recently figured out who it was to put my name and number on the stall wall with a vulgar note written next to it. I do not want to stand by and let this person get away with this. I got some provocative text messages from an employee of this place and nicely let me know where he worked which also let me know who it was that put it there. What can I do or get done to make sure he is properly punished for this immature action?

2. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Talk to your boss about it and, hopefully, you can get some of the people who know who did it to go with you. A good boss would probably bust this person for harassment and vandalism if nothing else. Will the person get fired? Maybe the boss can do something to punish them and they learn a lesson. I think most will do that before firing them unless they've done it before.

3. Hackslap profile image87
    Hackslapposted 3 years ago

Report it to your boss and HR .. this is not only sexual harassment but a breach of your privacy too.. Many organizations do not take stuff like this likely so it is likely this person will be given a stern and written warning if nothing more

4. jaydawg808 profile image90
    jaydawg808posted 3 years ago

First, how would you actually PROVE that this was done by the person in question? It's your word against that person...and that's going to be hard to prove.

5. junkseller profile image85
    junksellerposted 3 years ago

If possible, get a photo of the stall note for documentation and then go straight to the police with that and the text messages you have received. If anyone else contacts you, respond with the police case number and let the police handle the business and the employee. That should put an end to the issue.

Punishment is a separate issue. The person in question may not end up getting punished via this route but that may be a good thing. Last thing you want is someone of such low character looking to get even. It should, however, serve as a pretty strong warning that will hopefully incentivize them to never do something like that again.

If you want to go the opposite route, get a photo of him and print up flyers with his face and the message he put on the bathroom stall and hand them out to his fellow employees as they leave work. That should do the trick.

working